𝐗𝐈

Chapter 11: mother

Chapter 11: mother.

——♤——

Her and her father fought and when they had an argument it leaded to them screaming at each other but both had anger issues and easily forgave one another.

They loved each other, no matter the fights or the hurtful things they said to eah other, they easily forgave one another and apologized.

Arguments with the mother on the other hand...

Can be very violent, mothers never forget, any simple mistake you did long time ago are still stuck on their minds and not soon are they gonna forget it.

And Zaria's mother was that type.

She never forgot anything and had a very strong memory, and Zaria hated that cause whenever they're arguing (which is everyday) there is not one day where she doesn't pull the 'you did this..' card.

And the hatred Zaria always felt whenever she argued with her mother was something she couldn't describe.

The blood splattering her face, the rattling of chains stopping and her horrified expression was one of the most haunted moments.

Her hand trembled as tears blurred her vision, she stared at her father's body with tear racing down, she lost her voice and the way his lifeless eyes were staring back at hers.

His eyes were never empty like that, he was always a happy person, what's happening?

She thought gasping for air as she could feel her throat close and her hands shaking like leaves as she tried to reach towards his limp body.

His head— his head– oh saints!

The gasps of breath coming from her as she tried to catch her breath, then reality hit her like a wave and Zaria faced the woman wiping the blood with a wicked grin.

Zaria felt every single feeling bubble in her chest especially rage, with a soft move of her wrist the woman went flying to the wall, one of the men ran with the huge axe towards her about to swing.

Smoothly brushing past the man she watched as the axe slammed against the wall, breaking the chain.

With that she started running, hearing the multiple hurrying footsteps behind her, 8 yearold Zaria was suddenly grabbed by the ankle and fell to the ground.

She screamed at the man who started pulling her by the legs, her nails digged against the ground scratching as she screamed kicking him.

Grabbing the closest thing, a tree branch full of spikes, she kicked the man's legs watching as he fell to the ground screaming.

With that she took off running down the forest, not giving a single damn about the bushes scratching her arms as she ran.

Air slapped her face, Raven hair flying freely and dying leaves getting stuck between locks, scratches all over her body and tears racing down in fear.

The leaves crushing under her boots as she sprinted for one hour straight looking back twice until she reached Jesper's home.

The blood dried and the dirt was mixed with fresh cuts she got when running down the foggy forest.

She banged on the door gasping for air and looking back in complete shock, Jesper's mother opened the door.

And with that she fell unconscious.

She was only 8...

Yet here she stood listening to Jesper talk about his favorite memories with her, Wylan was doodling, Inej was listening while cleaning her daggers and Kaz was reading a journal, Zaria was washing the dishes.

"And Zaria's mother was a complete—"

She froze, eyes turning cold.

Turning around she clenched the napkin around her hand, "Jesper..." she spoke calmly eyes meeting the sharpshooter who froze once realizing what he said.

"She's not my mother." She spoke voice venompus at the word. "She will never be, that woman is a fucking psychopath." With that she walked up the stairs.

Jaw clenching and nails digging in her skin.

She had been thinking and scheming for years and years about her revenge. She finally got the courage to do something about it.

And yet. As she made some final adjustments to the plan, she felt terrified.

Terrified that’s something would go wrong or when it came done to it, she wouldn’t have the guts to kill the woman who gave birth to her.

She felt disgusted with her self. Why couldn’t she just be normal? And not get revenge? Why couldn’t she just learn to let it go?

Why did she have to be so angry at this person?

Why did she have to witness her father die in front of her?

Why didn't she die instead?

——♤——

Walking down the streets Zaria suddenly stopped in front of a coffee shop where they sold waffles.

She sat on one of the chairs, legs crossed and was holding a book reading quietly ehile waiting for her waffles.

A pretty girl suddenly stood in front of her placing her finger on her book pushing it slightly away, "hello,love." She greeted with a pretty flirty grin.

Zaria smiled back, the girl had ravishing green eyes and pink lips and light brown hair, "hello, sweetheart." Greeted back the Raven haired girl shooting her the same grin.

"May I take a seat with you, everywhere is full?" Zaria took off her legs off the seat softly wiping without a thought, the girl sat and watched as she closed her book.

"Of course, don't have to ask."

The waiter came with their waffles and Zaria watched as the green eyed beauty basically lit up at the food.

"I suspect waffles are your favorite?" Chuckled the Raven haired girl at the girl who was munching and savoring each bite.

"Yes." She replied mouth full making her laugh, both the girls ate quietly and watching people run and laugh down the streets.

Zaria left the Slat for some fresh air after remembering awful memories and here she sat eating with a pretty girl she don't even know her name.

"I'm Nina, Nina Zenik."

Zaria took her hand in hers with a cocked eyebrow, "Zaria, Zaria Isla." She replied shaking her head, Nina smirked back at the girl.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing out here?" Zaria shrugged leaning back against the chair and twirling the drink, "I should ask the same thing."

Nina laughed clearly taken back by the girl flirting back, her cheeks rosy and a laugh on her lips.

It's been so long since she laughed like that, ever since Matthias was taken.