𝐕𝐈

Chapter 6: lightning bolt and crow

——♤——

It's been a month since she got here and her job was collecting dark secrets just like Inej, but her being a flirty and confident girl has to do everything until they spill it out.

So here she was walking back towards the Crow Club after hearing some information about a man, she looked around expecting Jesper to be at one of the gambling tables but he sat at the table with Inej talking.

"Spill the tea, love." Said Jesper watching as soon as she walked towards him, she sat down on the couch beside him, and Jesper was ready.

"So, you see that guy over there that looks like a dying turtle?" She pointed towards one of the men that was drinking and laughing loudly with his friends, Jesper nodded leaning in towards her so they could gossip better.

"So he is married to a very lovely woman and he had 4 kids, 3 boys and one girl, but, guess what happened?" She pointed at the man eyeing him up and down.

"What?"

"He cheated on her with an 18-year-old girl." Jesper gasped, mouth wide open as he stared at the man with wide eyes not believing her words, she laughed.

"NOO?!" He exclaimed.

"YES!" She replied laughing at his reaction, putting her hand under his chin she closed his mouth before a fly goes in, "what the actual fuck- how can an 18-year-old girl sleep with him?! He looks like a turtle-"

"I know right?"

"Imagine bouncing on—"

Before he could finish his sentence, they both looked at each other bursting out, her slapping his shoulder and him throwing his head on her shoulder pushing her slightly, laughing so hard to the point where everyone looked at them weirdly and both had tears running down their cheeks.

They both froze at the feeling of the club going silent, and here they sat staring back trying to hold their laughter, Inej was the only one chuckling slightly and Kaz suddenly appeared standing on the stairs that led to his desk.

The sound of his cane clicking on the ground as he walked made them both look over to their leader fearing getting fired.

"What are you two gossiping about again?" He asked the two with a raised eyebrow, Zaria grinned back confidently and crossed her arms, "you're supposed to know, you're Kaz Brekker, you have ears everywhere."

He rolled his eyes but there was a small grin on the corner of his lips, "got anything for me, Isla?" He asked sitting beside her on their table, making sure to stay a foot or so away, "nothing interesting, Brekker."