𝐗𝐕𝐈

Chapter 16: jurda parem

——♤——

Growing up a Squaller was one of the best things, her hands blazing thunder and the ability to control wind...

Her stepmother trained her and she sure as hell thinks that she's one of the strongest if she was in the Little Palace with other Grishas.

Shr wanted to be with people like her, wanted to train with Zoya Nazyalensky fight by her side and other grishas.

But oh well, she dreamed to wear those royal blue soft kefta's with silver embroidery at its cuffs and hems, but oh well, maybe one day? Who knows?

As soon as they reached home Kaz Brekker went down the lists of every new people that came from Ravka or Novyi Zem, surely her mother's name is here.

And he actually thinks he found her, she has changed her last name that's all and the problem was, she worked for Pekka Rollins.

Just like the way Jesper described, he found her, now it seems like both he and Zaria have the same enemies.

Yet he stayed silent for now, wanting to talk about that later alone and away from praying ears.

Matthias listened to the strange words leaving the gloved boy's lips, he followed Kaz enough to know that he is a demon and by his pale skin he also knew that this creature spent much time in the shadows and darkness.

Yet the girl who aimed her rifle at him was a creature used to the sun due to her brown skin always sparkling, he actually is starting to wonder where he bought a girl version of him, not the looks but the personality.

He had heard about the name Brekker back in Hellgate and the word 'Wraith' and a pretty Zemeni who was knows to be a dancer but is named 'Storm'

He could see Nina at the corner of the room, her aroma was the only thing he could smell around the room with a hint of peaches.

Matthias woke up stuck on a chair in what seems to be a gaming room, he looked around seeing that all the Dregs are present including the girl leaning against the desk reading a book.

She was the first to notice him awake and immediately smiled at him, it was definitely not a kind one.

"Ah, look who's finally awake!" She exclaimed shutting off the book and sitting in the desk with the corner of her lips raised, wickedly?

Then Kaz Breker started talking.. about a drug named jurda parem, about winning a lot of money, and the absurd idea of attempting a raid on thr Ice Palace.

Even the girl with the thick accent was bored and throwed her head back in exhaustion, lips pressed together into a line as she sighed.

And when Brekker finally finished with his talking, Matthias immediately gave him his answer.