𝐗𝐗𝐈

Chapter 21: Ferolind

!!warning: this chapter will contain, a lot of blood, gore, death, wounds, rifles, daggers, stabbing, shooting, men, men trying to do bad things to Zaria, bad shit. You have been warned, don't report!!

——♤——

Heist day got closer, and Kaz exchanged plans and gave orders and jobs to each one of them, Zaria was the "sniper" of the crows as quoted, so here she was on the rooftops of one of the churches aiming her rifle at any silhouette, there could be someone on the rooftops wanting to kill the crows sneakily.

she and Kaz got closer as days went by, he seemed to be opening up slowly and making deals with her by trying to shake her hand, Zaria wasn't 100% sure to just put her hand on his, no not because of the rumors but the way his hand trembled like a leaf.

but he tried. really did.

The night was calm. She was looking around the rooftops with her rifle aimed to see if anyone was hiding, an ammo bandolier wrapped around her waist as she walked quietly, the sound of Inej yelling Kaz's name startled her and the girl ran to look at what happened.

Too late, the schooner exploded, lifting Inej into the air and showering the docks with furious flames. "oh saints!" exclaimed Zaria with wide eyes in horror.

It reminded her of the fight at the zemeni border, Jesper surely felt the same thing. they were surrounded, at least one of them was hit, and their boat went up in smoke, they lost their mean of transport to get to Fjerda.

Jesper ducked down to reload and what he saw took his breath away. Wylan Van Eck was curled up on the dock in a fetal position, his two delicate hands on his head. 

Jesper sighed and looked over to Zaria who shot at those fuckers who were already shooting them, she met his eyes and shot him a nod as if to tell him she got his back, He grabbed Wylan by the collar of his shirt and pulled him behind the crate shaking him lightly.

"Pull yourself together, my little one." said Jesper, "I'm not your little one," Wylan grumbled, pushing Jesper's hands away. "Who is shooting so brutally?" asked Wylan in worry at the gunshots firing from on top nonstop.

"Now that is Zaria, Do you know how to shoot?" asked Jesper again, Wylan nodded slowly. “Skeet.” Jesper rolled his eyes. He snagged the rifle from his back and shoved it into Wylan's chest.

"Great. This is just like shooting clay pigeons, but they make a different sound when you hit one." Jesper whirled, revolvers raised, as a shape sprang into his peripheral vision, but it was just Dirtyhands. 

"Head east to the next dock, board at berth twenty-two," Kaz said. 

"What’s at berth twenty-two?"

"The real Ferolind"