𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

Chapter 31: I'm glad you are safe, Kaz

——♤——

Zaria was half suli and half zemeni, the only child to a psycho mother and the kindest father who traveled to Ravka most of the time for work.

and the girl spent her time painting the walls of Novyi Zem and stealing just to stay away from home.

and by painting the walls of Novyi Zem she means huge dragons, thunder, and money, even drew what she thinks the sun summoner is like in real life, and by that she means a girl sparkling in the center of the fold.

nothing like Alina Starkov, just a girl floating with her hands out, light shielding the saint, black and grey to represent the Volcras, and the fold, but the Sun Summoner was the main attention that caught everyone's attention.

Zaria did it as a gift for her father due to his obsession with finding the sun summoner, at first, she thought it was unhealthy but as time went by and she started believing as well.

he even made a crown for them and promised to take her to Ravka along with Tamaya and her stepmother so they can live there happily, where she will train with Grishas her age and live in the little palace.

Zaria used to squeal happily at the thought of wearing a blue kefta with silver embroidery, but now, she didn't know how to react and didn't care actually.

Tamaya deserved to be there, she was already an Inferni at the Little Palace and thanks to her sister's training she became one of the most powerful Inferni.

Zaria was nothing like her sister and did everything she could to make her everything but her, sure, they had the same skills but not the same souls.

Tamaya was pure, like an angel, with not a single hint of darkness or hatred in her soul, she didn't do any trouble nor got her hands dirty.

Zaria, on the other hand, was not sweet and kind like her sister, she used to be but now that she lost almost everything, her hands were always covered in blood, not hers, but people's.

the devil's right hand as they used to call her, she lied, she killed, she stole, and she did everything just so her sister will have a bright and better future ahead, and not grow up as she did.

if she was as kind and optimistic as her sister, she wouldn't be leaning against the brick wall between bars in one of the most guarded prisons, would she?

And Zaria was starting to think that Ketterdam is the right place for people like her, sure, the weather was something she loathed about this city.

But she didn't know whether she should go back home, between people who are far from anything she is, or stay with people like her? with Kaz?

Oh saints, she really is going insane, isn't she? She doesn't even know whether to go back home or stay in Ketterdam.

Novyi Zem was beautiful, but since she lives there she will admit that it was pretty boring, but her favorite moment about Novyi Zem was during summer.