𝐈𝐈

Chapter two: The festival

--♤--

She stayed in the hotel for the night because of some money she stole.

The bed weren't very confortable so she couldn't sleep, the night soon came and here she was preparing for the festival.

It is said by Karina that half Ketterdam came and a lot of foreigners from Ravka just to see her performance which was very surprising.

"Are you ready, love?" Asked the girl while fixing Zaria's black hair with the warmest smile, most performers hated the fact that most Ketterdam came just to see the Zemeni girl dance.

Except Karina, she was actually proud of the girl, nodding she grinned and the woman sent one of the performers so they can start the music.

"Alright remember, they will throw money, honey, pick it up. You will be rich tonight." Nodding she walked out of the room letting out a sigh.

As soon as her shadow appeared, everyone started cheering and whistling, with every move she did, money rained down on her and with each hip trust made everyone scream and cheer louder.

And with every slap she does everyone would follow in sinc, her dress flowing around freely, Kaz Brekker thought he was hiding in the shadows as always watching with a frown.

But once she caught his eyes shooting him a wink, he knew that she knew about him sending Inej.

Soon the festivals ended and everyone went home, Zaria picked up all the money from the ground and handed some to Karina as a thank you before walking out.

"are you stalking me right now?"

"Stalking you? no...I'm not that type of person." he said, dusting his jacket calmly and stepping towards her.

He didn't have his hat anymore and had the same scheming scowl he had earlier, "just looking out for new people." he said with the fake grin, she raised her eyebrows before scoffing.

"Thank you, love. You're cute and all, but I'm capable of taking care of myself."

With that she walked away, "and next time please stop sending people to follow me!" She exclaimed with a chuckle, her voice echoing around the empty street and for a reason he could hear the grin in her tone, Inej walked towards him in silence.

"She knows that you sent someone after her.." she trailed off watching Zaria disappear into the dark streets, she cleared her throat before resuming her words, "me, of course." Kaz turned to look at her.

"You're my wraith, but what's surprising was that she noticed you." He replied with a slight smirk in the corner of his lips, Inej feeling quite offendedz crossed her arms and rolled her beautiful eyes.