𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter 13: oh

Chapter 13: oh.

——♤——

His mind kept stubbornly trailing back to the feeling of her hand brushing against his.

Yet here she sat again in his office munching the pomegranate she bought earlier

"so you're telling me, that a man named Jan Van Eck who is Wylan's so called insane fucked up father kidnapped you and made an offer that suggests we break into the Ice Court of Fjerda which is a military stronghold to kidnap a single man for 30 million kruge?"

She exclaimed clearly confused, stopping her munching and staring at Kaz with a cocked eyebrow, Kaz nodded at her words watching as she ate a handful spoon of pomegranate anxiously.

"You eat like a squirrel. But yes." He suddenly said trying not to chuckle at her full cheeks full of fruit, choking at his words she rushed to drink something grabbing the closet thing, bitter coffee.

Cringing at the taste she swallowed the rest of the fruit gasping, "thanks, Brekker!" She exclaimed death glaring him harshly, Kaz tried not to laugh as he poured a cup of water.

"If ever die, you're the last person I expect to save me."

She spoke in annoyance grabbing the cup her hand accidentally brushing against his gloves ones as she took a sip.

Kaz gulped watching as she drank the entire water in one go, she coughed slightly, "why would you even call me a squirrel, while eating?" She asked grabbing the bowl once again, She hated the nickname.

"Because you do munch like one- are you seriously going back to eat that as if you didn't just choke?" Kaz rolled his eyes with a sigh.

"Well, if you didn't call me a squirrel  I wouldn't have choked!" She snapped with a slight smirk putting down the bowl ready for another sentence that might make her choke again.

"You are one." He teased.

Flipping him off with a glare she huffed in annoyance falling back into the chair, her cheeks flushed red as she looked away from him.

"I'm paying the House of the White Rose a visit tomorrow." He cut off the silence watching as she turned her attention back to him with a frown, "why?"

"To visit someone obviously, Nina Zenik, I heard from Rotty that she's your new friend." he spoke matching her look.

Is Rotty following her everywhere or what?

She laughed, her chin on her palm as she titlted her head at him leaning in, "so you really are stalking me!" She said watching as he glared daggers at her.

Her laugh, saints.

A smile completely enveloping her face, she tried to suppress her giggling, but ended up bursting into loud laughter.