𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Chapter 17: Gorgeous

——♤——

All the crows had a scar and their reasons, snd everyone had a scar in their hearts, Kaz because of Jordie, Zaria because of her own mother etc...

And if anyone heard that a group of teenagers broke into the Ice Court and rescued their precious prisoner, people would gasp and start spreading rumors and legends about the 7 dregs.

And Zaria couldn't wait to hear mother's tell their childrens about the legend of the 7 teenagers with their sleeves full of tricks and lies.

Sure, she was scared to go to Fjerda, especially when she is a grisha, she didn't want to be burned alive, not when she almost was.

Nor talk to the people who are the reason why parents lost their children and didn't know whenever their sons or daughters ran away, or went missing, or are alive.

Their loved ones didn't know anything.

So she should probably send a letter to her step mother to inform her that if she doesn't answer the upcoming letters, then she's either dead, brutally injured or in a coma.

Kaz didn't seem surprised. On the contrary, he even looked rather satisfied. Matthias had the unpleasant feeling that for the demon, nothing that happened was a surprise.

"I can give you something better," Replied Kaz, Better? What's better than taking vengeance? Zaria turned towards the bastard of the barrel with a frown, "There’s nothing else I want.:

“I can make you a drüskelle again.”

Matthias scoffed, "are you a magician, then? A wej sprite who grants wishes? I’m superstitious, not stupid."

“You can be both, you know, but that’s hardly the point.” Kaz slipped a hand into his dark coat.

"Here." He gave the suli girl a piece of paper. Another demon, how many demons are there in this group? Cause according to his calculations, he met 3 for now. Her footsteps are so quiet he can't hear anything not even the cracking of the wooden floor. She placed the paper closer to his eyes so he could read it.

The paper was in Kerch and Fjerdan, he didn't know how to read Kerch just like Zaria except few words from prison. But of course his language was easier and it took him a second to read the paper in a blink of an eye.

Zaria on the other hand couldn't read Kerch or Fjerdan, but Ravkan and Zemeni were her number 1 languages, she knew some words in Fjerdan such as gestinge which means paradise.

And others, though if she didn't read, she understood what they were talking about. Matthias heart started pounding.

In light of new evidence, Matthias Benedik Helvar is granted full and immediate pardon for all charges of slave trafficking. He is released on this day,......., with the apologies of the court, and will be provided transport to his homeland or a destination of his choosing with all possible haste and the sincere apologies of this court and the Kerch government.