𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

Chapter 34: Pekka Rollins

——♤——

Zaria tried to think of something, she really did, but her mind always went back to that night.

The girl grew up keeping to herself, her father's death changed her completely yet no one seemed to understand her, her stepmother never knew, Tamaya was still young, Jesper was in Ketterdam and she was alone.

She was alone, Zaria never thought she would be scared of ending up alone really, but how much she suffered for the past months, and that's when Jesper came.

Like the ray of sunshine, he is, he lit her world, like the sun summoner's power in the center of the fold, he saved her life.

Jesper could still remember young Zaria clearly as daylight, back when her father was still alive, Colm Fahey and Azad Isla were partners in crime and spent their entire summers traveling.

Zaria's hair was short and reached her shoulders, they were always wild, but a rose pin was always there to hold back the strands that always fell in front of her face, a pin she still had that her father bought from his travels in Ravka

Her father used to be the one to brush her hair, well, he didn't know how to and asked his friends for an explanation, and it always ended up slightly chaotic but the girl loved it and let it just the way it is, not wanting to disappoint her father.

She really loved it and never gave a shit about what people said about her free and messy hair.

brown soft skin, rosy cheeks due to the hot weather, light brown eyes that turned golden when the sun hit them, a wide grin always on her lips, and her giggles echoing around the Fahey's house along with Jesper's.

She was the happiest child, wearing the prettiest colors and dresses, laughing and running around while screaming in joy, eyes twinkling in happiness.

Making cold drinks for the summer from fresh fruits they bought from their farm when visiting Jesper's home with his mother, Jesper walking by her father's side proudly and Zaria in Colm's arms as they bought sour candies.

"Which one, sunshine?" asked Colm holding her in tightly, she sat on his neck with her hands on his head as she stared at the candies in front of her with wide eyes and in pure awe.

6-year-old Zaria felt like she was in a candy castle and she couldn't be happier, she looked down grinning at the man, "everything!" she exclaimed grinning like an idiot.

"Right, Jes?" she asked the boy who was also looking around with an open mouth, "yeah, everything!" 

The two friends looked at each other before shaking their heads at their children, "give us a little from everything." Zaria squealed and wrapped her arms around Colm's head almost choking him.