𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter 18: tumeric and teal

——♤——

She will admit it, she despised her mother and she had plenty of reasons why to.

Zaria always had these dreams, nightmares, where she stood surrounded by people burning alive and screaming for her to help them, flames burning their skin, and then there was a mirror in front of her showing her younger self.

But in a blur, the bodies fell in sync surrounding her and when she looked at the mirror, it showed her older self.

She didn't know why she had these stupid nightmares but they left her traumatized, she couldn't sleep for weeks and only did when her father sat beside her until tiredness took over.

But not only the nightmares, but her mother's psycho mind, she wondered why her father even married her, the woman was a so-called doctor.

But no she was mad, the drugs she took made her so crazy and murderous to the point where she once tied her daughter's wrist to her bed and tried to perform some lunatic mind surgery until her father came in.

Kicking her out.

She almost killed her own daughter and she can still remember her father's harsh words threatening to cut her hands if she ever stepped toward his daughter ever again.

Imagine waking up to see your own mother, the woman who gave birth to you, standing on top of you with a knife inches away from your brain smiling crazily.
Terrifying, right?

That was poor 7-year-old Zaria who only wanted to live her life and play with Jesper peacefully.

She was an innocent angel, a saint who had nothing but pure innocence written in her eyes and nothing else, a saint.

Yet, that day, she knew her so-called mother will take revenge and she was right, 2 years later, she did.

She could still remember the day clear as daylight, she and her father were hunting, and he was giving her a piggyback ride as she wrapped her arms around his neck with the most beautiful smile.

Pearly white teeth sparkled as she grinned at her father's joke who smiled at his daughter. But 8 men appeared out of nowhere and were surrounding them, her feet touched the ground as she grabbed her father's coat hiding her face in fear.

And everything happened in a blink of an eye, an arrow came out of nowhere and stabbed his shoulder making her scream and shut her eyes tightly, and with that something was covering her mouth and nose as she screamed and kicked.