𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

Chapter 37: Fairytale

I'm proud of this chapter, so pls i am begging leave some comments<3

——♤——

Zaria did everything to get rid of the voices in her head, drink, train, even smoke.

she did drugs, she's not going to lie and say she didn't, she did, twice and regretted it.

sure, it made her feel a weird sense of happiness and intense excitement, that for a second she forgot how horrible her life became after the loss of her father.

but she hated it, she started to focus on her sister, her stepmother, and even her life, Zaria tried her best to enjoy her life but it was way too boring for her to change anything and make it even more fun.

Until she came to Ketterdam.

Moving to another country was never in her plans nor, meeting a deadly gang, catching feelings for the leader who always kept things for himself, a leader who she knows nothing about, helping him on a heist that will likely get her killed.

but if there was anything that she didn't regret, was leaving her country where most of her memories happened to another; known for being the home of criminals.

she felt free, for once in her life, she is doing whatever she wants and traveling alone. she has friends, friends who understand her. and that's all that mattered for now.

"It’s a risk," said Kaz finally breaking eye contact with her, Zaria sighed heavily before running a hand through her hair, "What job isn’t?" she said stretching and yawning.

"Kaz, how are you and Matthias going to get through?" asked Nina frowning and waving her arms around, "We might need you for locks, and if things go bad on the island, I don’t want to be stranded. I doubt you can pass yourselves off as members of the Menagerie."

"That shouldn’t be a problem," said Kaz barely glancing at Matthias, "Helvar ’s been holding out on us." Matthias tensed at the mention of his name.

"Have you?" asked the suli girl, "It’s not-" Matthias dragged a hand over his cropped hair, "How do you know these things, demjin?" he growled at Kaz.

Zaria leaned against the wall with a cunning grin, "You know, Matthias, demjin knows everything about everyone, so this isn't a surprise."

Kaz's piercing glare turned toward her but she barely even cared, instead, she grinned wickedly at him making him even more annoyed, first Matthias calling him that, and now her challenging him.

"Actually, it's called Logic, Isla. The whole Ice Court is a masterpiece of fail-safes and doubled systems. That glass bridge is impressive, but in an emergency, there would have to be another way to get reinforcements to the White Island and get the royal family out."