𝐕

Chapter 5: Boots

Chapter 5: Boots.

——♤——

Zaria was bored and hated cold weather, it felt like death, her hands cold no matter how much she tries to wsrm then up, the bridge of her nose slightly pink.

she was used to hot weather, the sun making everything sparkle, mild breeze, cloudless sunshine, a perfect day to go for a swim but not here.

She sighed watching the sleety rain drizzle down, not very hard and not very fast, but steady, no one was home, they went to the Crow Club to do some job while she was left here.

It was so quiet, she hated it, she loved peaceful places but sometimes it was scary, especially when she's new to town.

A knock suddenly started her from her thoughts, she looked towards the door before making her way towards it, opening it she peeked her head seeing Rotty stand in the rain.

"Boss, would like to see you."

She nodded before grabbing her coat, she was wearing black high waist pants that belongs to Jes, brown turtleneck and her black hair was down.

Walking down the wet dark streets of Ketterdam she pushed the door to the club open walking up the stairs where Rotty pointed.

Knocking she waited looking around.

The door opened and here appeared Inej with a bright smile, smiling back she walked in, hands deep in her pockets to warm them up as she walked in.

Kaz, Wylan and Jes surrounded what seemed to be a map, making her way towards them she frowned standing beside Jes slightly pushing closer to Wylan.

"What's up?" She asked watching as the bastard of the barrel handed her a bag full of ammo, frowning she looked back up, "Jesper said you're an amazing shooter, you will protect our backs."

He was right, Zaria and her father used to hunt.

Here she sat on the roof, gun sharply pointed as she would everytime glance at the pocket watch Kaz gave her, once she heard the loud explosion she charged her gun shooting the man on the rooftop aiming at Kaz.

She frowned observing anyone trying to shoot, walking closer to the edge she breathed in before shooting, the bullet flew inches away from Kaz's air to hit the man.

The man that suddenly appeared in front of Kaz with a knife high in the air fell dead, a pool of blood surrounding him staining the already dirty street.

The shot was loud enough to distract the Stadwatch from the Crows while they run she started running as soon as they noticed her but thank god she had a scarf wrapped around her face.

Sliding down the roof holding the bag toghtly she opened the window leading to a hidden spot, changing into her usual clothes she walked out as if nothing happened.

"There she is!" Yelled one of them grabbing her arm, faking a scared expression she spoke.

"What is it?! It's not me I swear! I don't evem know what happened!" She exclaimed vouce slightly trembling as tears blurred her vision, "It's okay, my mistake, I thought it was you, I apologise miss." Spoke the man letting go of her arm and bowing his head as an apologise

She nodded walking away a grin placed on her lips as she wiped away the fake tears, "people sre so easily played." She spoke suddenly appearing by Kaz side.

"Good job, you are officially a Crow." Said Kaz with a small grin on the corner of his lips.

"I know." She replied glancing up at him with a confident grin, "I deserve it." Kaz scoffed at her words and pressed his lips together.

Kaz watched as she groaned once a drop of rain fell on her face, "again..." she sighed stepping under the houses to cover her face.

"Here." He said handing her his hat, few strands falling in front of his forehead as he stepped towards her, she froze and looked at his hand before back up to his eyes.

Rain started pouring as both of them stood under a house, taking the hat she placed it on her head due to it being bigger, it fell covering her eyes.

Kaz gloved hand was suddenly on the hat as he took it off, fixing it properly so it wouldn't cover her beautiful eyes that were absolutely ravishing in the night.

She was like a doe, absolutely mesmerizing, her eyes were like a galaxy, the street lights sparkling in her eyes like every star, some were big and others small.

Zaria swore she saw the future and the whole world in his eyes, they were the same color as hers except the morning it's lighter.

But saints.

She was the first to break eye contact before someone catches them, the rain was pouring harder as they continued their way down the streets in silence.

"We have to stay low until at sunrise." Said Kaz walking towards the hotel she stayed at, Kaz walked in without a word and stepped instead towards the stairs.

His leg was hurting so much yet not once did he say a word, he handed her the keys as she opened the door, Kaz was greeted by her perfume.

Falling on the couch with a groan she closed her eyes waving her hand around, "do whatever you want, this place is yours." She spoke sarcastically.

The room was cozy and candles lit the room and Jesper had already taken her stuff leaving her lay with her wet clothes.

She shivered from the cold hearing the sink turn on, turning to look over she froze once seeing that Kaz had took off his shirt and was standing shirtless in front of the sink.

She watched as his muscles moved with each move he did, her eyes slightly widened as she looked back at him, he suddenly glanced over at her and she could feel her cheeks grow red.

Gulping she looked away and pretend that she was asleep and not watching him.

"What the fuck Zaria..." she murmured hitting her head against the pillow with burning cheeks, it suddenly felt hot in the room but she couldn't glance up in embarrassment.

She has seen plenty of people shirtless before, why was she embarrassed about this.

"I need to get some sleep, i think i'm going crazy." She spoke tossing around the couch to get in a better position, Kaz's hat covered her face from the light, "you're not sleeping on the bed?" Asked Kaz taking a seat on the couch in front of her, staring.

Her black inky hair was like an ocean on the couch slightly messy but still pretty, "you can see that i'm not, you're not blind, are you?"

She replied taking off the hat from her face and grabbing her heels examining them with a pout, her now black block heel boots was so dirty from the mud.

"How dare you tell me to do this mission today, look at my beautiful boots, you better by me new ones."

She exclaimed grabbing them and starting to clean them, Kaz rolled his eyes at the girl who was very frustrated at how her expensive boots turned out.

"Are you seriously annoyed by your boots?"

She let out an annoyed sigh before faking a grin, "my boots are as valuable as your gloves, Brekker. So don't you dare ever tell me that i'm dramatic or i will show you what it feels like to have your most favorite thing ruined."

Kaz shut his mouth and didn't dare to argue back, not wanting his gloves to be ruined.

"So, you will buy me new ones."

The boots were a gift from her step sister, of course she would do anything to protect them, but now they are ruined.