𝐕𝐈𝐈

Chapter 7: invitation to his room?

——♤——

Zaria fell in love easily, at first she doesn't believe it and just thinks that her mind is playing games with her.

Yet here she was taking a very drunk Inej back to her room while Wylan took care of Jesper, Inej clinging on the girl's side continued rambling about how much she wants to kill Tante Heleen.

"You will, darling. But get some rest for now." She said putting the covers on top of the suli girl who immediately fell asleep, "Love you, Zaria." She muttered.

"Love you too, sweetheart."

With that she walked out of the room after blowing off the candles, opening the door to Jesper's room she peeked her head, "night, Jes."

Jesper smiled, his eyes twinkling happily, "good night, Zaria, love you so much." He spoke, hugging his pillow she walked over slowly, taking off his hat she placed it on the table beside him so he can sleep more comfortably, kissing his forehead she got up.

"Love you too."

With a sigh, she walked out of the room knowing that he always wanted a candle lit in his room since he was 8, closing the door quietly she grinned at Wylan who leaned against the doorway of his room, "Thank you, Wylan."

she smiled at the boy who only shook his head at the girl, "don't thank me, it's okay, good night!" he said watching as she smiled ruffling his hair softly before walking towards her own room trying not to make a sound, "Night."

Her hand stopped on the doorknob but the sound of Kaz's cane stopped her movement and made her look towards him, she rolled her eyes and watched as he walked past her slightly nodding towards his room, he walked in leaving the door slightly opened but she stood frozen frowning in confusion.

"Oh wow..."

With that, she walked towards the room, opening the door wider, and closed it behind her, she looked around the room with a small smile, the room was cozy and clean except for his desk, of course, papers everywhere as he sat in front of his desk.

"Thanks for the help, calling poor Wylan to help me instead of you." She rolled her eyes, throwing herself on the comfortable chair, she sighed in relief finally sitting after a night out, she placed her feet on his desk slightly pushing his papers not even bothering about the glare he shot her.

She groaned in pain and stretched her arms throwing her head back in exhaustion, she got up way too interested in the shelves behind the bastard of the barrel than anything else, and the alcohol started taking effect.

getting rid of her beautiful boots and was left with only her black socks, she made her way towards the shelves, her fingers tracing down as she stared in awe at the golden titles, she took one of the books, turned around, and showed it to Kaz.

"what does that mean?" she asked in confusion, her eyes slightly wide in confusion as she tilted her head towards the bastard of the barrel who turned around not even glancing much at the title, "the history of Ketterdam." her eyes lit up and a grin grew on her face but it soon faded, like a deflated balloon, one slowly losing its air over time.

making her way back towards the chair she sat back changing her position, her legs hanging off the arm and her head on the manchette as she held the book in the air trying to find the right way to read it.

well, try.

With a frown, she turned around seeing him already staring at her with his chin on top of his gloved hand with an amused cocked eyebrow, "what?" she snapped looking away and feeling the blood rush through her body in embarrassment.

Kaz watched as she got up placing the book back where it was, sighing she started taking off the dagger that was still in her hair, Kaz watched as black inky locks fell like an ocean as soon as they were released from the tight hairstyle, her hair was absolutely beautiful.

She ran a hand through her hair and leaned her head against the books with a sight leaving her lips for the fifth time today, she missed home already even if it was only about 3 months since she got here, and she also tried to ease her head spinning.

"move." spoke a stern voice behind her, she looked up, and Kaz Brekker was standing behind her like a shadow, she moved away carefully letting him do whatever he needed to do, probably to grab a book for his work but no, he handed her a book.

She looked at his hand before back up to his eyes, "it's a copy of the History of Ketterdam, written in Zemeni, Ravkan, and Kerch at the same time." he said watching as she grinned brightly at him, her smile was so sweet and contagious that almost made him smile but he only rolled his eyes slightly.

The last time he heard from her was an hour ago, she was lecturing about how much the history of Ketterdam is so cool, Kaz listened and explained to her whenever she thought wrong, he knew everything about Ketterdam, and Kaz's raspy voice was calming, she was an amazing listener.

Asking questions sometimes, but then the only sound reverberating around the room was the clock and his quill scratching against the parchment as he wrote silently, light snores suddenly echoed around the room making him stop

He looked up from his work and watched as Zaria slept quietly, her legs still hanging from the arm and her head leaning to the side, her nose buried in the still-opened book as her chest went up and down.

Kaz shook his head softly at the girl and looked up at the clock, she had been here for 3 hours reading, and now here she was asleep in his chair, he got up without his cane, careful not to wake her up, and moved closer.

Grabbing one of the blankets he stepped towards her, carefully lifting the book he looked at the page number remembering it before unfolding the blanket and placing it on top of her freezing body, she was still wearing the silk dress which didn't provide any warmth.

As soon as the blanket was placed on top of her she sighed in her sleep nuzzling under the warm blanket to get more comfortable, Kaz looked one last time at her angelic face trying to fight the grin threatening to take over his scowl but it did eventually.

Kaz Brekker was, in fact, grinning at the pretty Zemeni girl sleeping on one of his chairs, grabbing the book that he gave her he turned back towards the page he still remember, grabbing a crow feather he placed it on the center as a bookmark so she wouldn't have trouble finding the page.

With one last glance, he turned back towards his work trying to fight the urge of looking at her every time.

A pretty Zemeni girl who got here about 3 months ago was making him grin and making him want to get to know more about her, yet here she was sleeping in his room for the rest of the night until the sun comes up.

An invitation to his room?