𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕

Chapter 44: Fire and water girl

Chapter 44: Fire and water girl. (Part 1)

——♤——

Weeks, months, and years pass very fast almost in a blink of an eye, Zaria used to say.

Tamaya used to shake her head in disbelief, for her, time was very long and days were boring, but now that she left Novyi Zem and her sister's wings.

Days went by as if she closed her eyes and opened them after 5 seconds, after years of dreaming to go to the Little Palace, she felt even sadder.

It has been a month and a half since Tamaya Isla was in the Little Palace, and the girl was miserable, she wanted to go back home, she wanted to go back to her sister and feel the warmth of her embrace.

she was lonely, with no friends, her mother at her sister's house, and Zaria in another country doing everything she can to reply to her letter, she wanted to see her sister.

go back to her.

She had her own room, as big as the Novyi Zem one, it had probably the best view though, the light, lakes, trees, and mountains, and it can be peaceful sometimes.

but the silence in the room was painful, it made her earrings many times, the air howling made her shrink and hide under her covers and the girl mostly found herself sneaking out and skillfully past the guards and into the library.

The mornings were mostly spent with her training, Botkin kept watching her with a suspicious look, she just got here yet she had fought every grisha and won, even the ones who have been here for years.

"She is fast, very fast, I had told Anika and Ivarn to combat her, thinking that she would lose but she won." he had told the queen, Zoya Nazyalensky about the girl.

"Ah, is that so?" she asked narrowing her dark blue eyes, where did she get all these skills from? crossing her arms in front of her chest eyes following the black-haired teenager throw a fireball.

Botkin nodded, "I would like for her to come to my office as soon as possible, Genya will come to get her," and when Tamaya heard that the queen and king would like to see her, she panicked.

She was in her room wearing black high-waist pants and a loose button-up white shirt with her last name on it embroidered in red and orange (by Zaria), ruffling her black hair with a towel she ran her hand through it.

A knock startled her; she frowned before placing the towel on the bed and walking towards the door.

A gorgeous woman with long, wavy, and fiery deep auburn hair was standing in front of her door with a faint smile, her skin is scarred all over, and she wore a silk eye patch, but is still very beautiful.

Tamaya panicked, did the saints send an angel? because the girl's heart was hammering against her chest. 

Straightening her posture and fixing her hair she smiled kindly at the woman, "Tamaya Isla?" 'Oh shit, she knows my name!' thought the girl feeling warmth rush to her cheeks.

"Yes, ma'am?" Her voice quavered as she spoke, betraying her nervousness, Genya smiled at the girl making her cheeks redden even more, "You are requested by the king and the queen."

Tamaya's heart dropped, she just got here a month ago, is she in trouble, the king and the queen of Ravka want to see her?!

"Oh shit." she said mouth dropping in shock, "why?" Genya chuckled, "How am I supposed to know?" that was embarrassing.

Tamaya nodded taking a deep breath, trying to calm herself, but her heart continued to pound in her chest, and she couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that gripped her.

Putting on the boots her sister bought for her, she followed the Tailor without a word, she chewed on her lips and scratched her fingers the entire way.

Preparing for anything that was coming to her, with each step, the sound of her heels reverberated through the silent hallways, Grisha stared at her in confusion, some whispering but Tamaya gathered the courage and lifted her chin up.

Finally, they came upon huge white doors with gold at the edges, the guards opened immediately and Tamaya’s breathe hitched; she looked around in pure awe.

The ceiling was adorned with intricate paintings of saints that seemed to shimmer thanks to the gilded moldings, floor made of polished marble making her heels make a staccato sound as she walked, catching everyone’s attention.

Hiding behind Genya she grimaced, “Ah~ Miss Isla, you are here.” Greeted the king, Nikolai Lantsov, with a kind smile that made her nerves disappear like they were never there.

She appeared from behind the Tailor and bowed immediately, “my king, my queen, whatever I did I am so-” she was cut off by Nikolai standing in front of her and tapping her shoulder.

“Nonsense, you did absolutely nothing. We wanted to talk to you about something.” Tamaya was screaming, the king touched her and they were talking to her, she is so telling her sister.

“of course, your majesty,” she replied nodding and moving towards the huge table in the center, map laid on top of it along with open books, that’s when she finally got the urge to look at the queen in the eyes.

Giving Zoya a bow she looked around, a pretty girl around her age stood on the other side with her fingers locked behind her back.

Blonde short and choppy hair, the blonde was a bright and sunny shade with few silver blond strands, almost as if it had been kissed by the sun itself, and her eyes, as soon as they met hers, she melted.

They were dreamy, deep and piercing blue, the color that reminded her of the lake beside their house in Novyi Zem, like the depths of the ocean on a clear day.

Elara smiled, and Tamaya noticed the way her nose scrunched when she beamed, her cheeks rosy and her eyes crinkled with delight, the Zemeni girl couldn’t help but smile back, as brightly.

Her cheeks were now red making Tamaya chuckle and shake her head at the girl; Elara’s eyes were now on the map, not daring to meet the pretty girl from the other side.

And with that, they started to talk about the plan and why they called the teenagers, “and you two, will work together.” Resumed Zoya looking at the two girls who were standing without a word.

Elara finally looked up, glancing at Tamaya to see her already looking at the girl with a cocked eyebrow, her arms were crossed in front of her chest, shirt still open revealing a little bit of her chest.

The blond girl stared, she will admit it, she did, not once or twice; she stole glances every second, and noticed a lot of things in that matter of time.

The way she ran her fingers through her black hair, it tumbled around her face, framing her features in a way that was both intimate and alluring,

The way she rolled her sleeves revealing the brown skin that looked so soft, a thin bracelet wrapped around her wrist, a friendship bracelet, the way muscles flexed with each move, when she titled her head and her hair fell to the side like an ocean.

The way she frowned when concentrating

Elara noticed everything about the Inferni, technically she did know her, and everyone was talking about the new Zemeni girl who was always at the library when it was the week end or something.

“You both are grishas, and I think you two will get along and work well.” The teenagers blushed at the queen’s words, Tamaya nodded looking at the girl across in concern, “wouldn’t you mind going together?” it sounded like she was asking her on the date rather than an important job it made her blush like an idiot.

Elara nodded, smiling at the girl, “no, I don’t mind at all!” she replied making Tamaya smile lovingly at the girl, Elara wanted to stab herself with the scissor in front of her at how soft and desperate she sounded.

“Great, well this matter is settled, we will let you know.” Tamaya nodded bowing at the king and queen before turning towards Elara and giving her a confident smile, a smile that made her knees weak.