𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter 33: Think of Kaz, Zaria

--♤--

"True love is something else entirely. It is when the rest of the world goes quiet. It is not eyes that meet but souls that dance. Settle into each other."

Giant tin tubs, long tables for folding, and clothes left to dry overnight on racks taller than they were surrounded them and Jesper found Wylan, Zaria, and Inej in the refuse room.

Zaria covered her mouth and nose at the awful smell, annoyance clear in her eyes as she sighed for the third time, Jesper pulled her into a small hug.

oh to go home and just fall on her bed.

"We have a problem," Wylan said, "How bad?" Jesper asked, dumping his coils of rope on the floor after pulling away, he could feel the heat emanating from the incinerator as soon as they entered.

Inej gestured to a pair of big metal doors set into what looked like a giant chimney that jutted out from the wall and stretched all the way up to the ceiling, "I think they ran the incinerator this afternoon." she said.

"You said they ran it in the mornings," he said to Matthias and both the zemeni teenagers crossed their arms at the Fjerdan, "They used to."

both of them frowned in unison eyeing him up and down, "of course." Zaria scoffed rolling her eyes and throwing her arms in disbelief.

Jesper grabbed the doors' leather-covered handles and pulled them open, he was hit by a blast of searing air, Zaria stood beside him with worry, "oh fuck." she said staring far below, they saw the incinerator coals, banked but still pulsing with an angry red glow.

"I'm gonna fucking kill Kaz."

Jesper shot her a look, and raised an eyebrow, "really? yeah right, Wylan, give me a shirt from one of the bins," Jesper said shaking his head at his best friend.

He tore off one of the sleeves and tossed it into the shaft, It fell catching flame mid-air, and had begun to burn away to nothing before it ever had the chance to reach the coals.

"Great, I bet that's the way we're gonna die."

She glanced at the Wraith who exhaled and showed the most beautiful smile, Zaria blushed yet smiled back.

Inej was a powerful girl, well, a powerful woman in fact, and Zaria was 100000% sure that Inej was better than her in every way yet it felt like

they were sisters, real sisters from the same blood.

Inej used her saints and Zaria her fists, and both the suli girls were by Kaz Brekker's side, He shut the doors and tossed the remnants of the shirt back in the bin.

"Well, demo is out," he said pressing his lips into a thin line, "We can't take explosives in there. Can you still make the climb?" he asked Inej watching her chew her lower lip.