𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

Chapter 36: L'amour ne change rien (love changes nothing)

The gif is not mine! Found it on pinterest, credit to whoever did it!!

——♤——

Someone dying was a rough thing, 8-year-old Tamaya won't stop crying and complaining about how much she misses her Appa.

would come to her sister's room sobbing, "mama is crying again." ah yes, Stepmother cried every night while hugging the pillow her husband used to sleep on.

Zaria sighed and placed the book away, opening her arms wide so her sister could crawl in her arms, "oh my darling, come here."

Tamaya did as told climbing on her sister's lap wrapping her arms around her neck, and hiding her face in the crook of her neck, "I miss Appa." Zaria tensed at the mention of her father.

Running her hand through Tamaya's hair she picked her up making her way toward the big windows, "I miss him too, my love, very much." she replied, staring at the sky ahead.

"do you never cry?" suddenly asked Tamaya her sister who chuckled at the question, "I do," she replied not daring to meet her sister's eyes.

Tamaya frowned, a pout on her lips as she stared at her sister, all this time since their Appa left Zaria worked, and sold her gold jewelry just so her sister can be happy.

She worked all kinds of jobs, serving men who treated her like shit for a bit of money, for Tamaya to have warm clothes, and a beautiful life.

And Zaria was more than happy when her sister's dream went true instead of hers, she gave up her dream for her family, gave up the thought of becoming a painter, pianist, or poet.

Saints knows, anything is good, as long as she's free, a girl who's creating her future, making her dreams come true, and money everywhere.

and Zaria swore, all the trouble, all the killing, all the mourning, all the sacrifices she did, will never be wasted. 

She trained Tamaya to be a better and stronger person, and the youngest sibling used every skill her sister taught her everywhere and every time, Zaria was half of her and nothing will change that.

Zaria Isla will become rich, and anything that comes in front of her path will be swept like dust, except for love.

Fighting with Kaz Brekker was as painful as the night when her mother sliced her face open, it was very painful, but when Zaria was mad she spoke without once thinking.

she always gets the urge to just wash her mouth out with soap or even acid, because the words slipping were dangerous, lethal even.

Kaz turned away from her after a hot minute of them just wanting to murder one another, "Kill him." her mother's voice suddenly echoed around her head.