𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗

Chapter 49: Entwined Hearts: Bonds of the Crow's Nest

--♤--

This side of Ketterdam fitted Zaria, the student cafés and booksellers, shop windows crammed with textbooks, ink, and paper, the same scent of her room in Novyi Zem.

They were less than two miles from the noise and clatter of the Barrel, but it felt like they'd crossed a bridge into another country for fuck's sake.

This was the side of Ketterdam even Kerch forgot that it did exist, instead of packs of sailors fresh off the boats looking for trouble, or tourists jostling into you from every angle, people stepped aside to let you pass, kept their conversations low, nodded their heads as hello and were kinder.

Zaria closed her eyes and took a deep breath, no barkers shouted from storefronts hoping to garner business, the corners were free of the girls and boys who lacked an association with one of the West Stave houses and who had been forced to ply their trade on the street.

A handsome gentleman, with lustrous brown hair and green glistening emerald eyes rushed back just to give her one of her rings that dropped.

"Miss!" she continued walking not expecting him to be calling out to her, until a hand wrapped around her wrist made her turn around, same as the Prince who she had fallen in love with in the book Appa bought her from the Little Palace.

He was so handsome, wearing the most expensive midnight blue suit with glistening crystals at the edges, buttons, and his collar, she smiled at the man, her painted lip and eyes twinkling.

This was Anthony from her book, right in front of her.

Though surprisingly, her heart didn't beat as fast as it did in the books or like it did with Kaz Brekker, just for 3 seconds it thudded, but went back to normal.

Charming smile, dimples, probably a kind heart, never once had blood in his hands,

"Forgive me, Madam," his slightly rough hold on her wrist left, and her bracelet slipped back to hide her crow tattoo, her green scarf slipped slightly revealing her earrings and raven hair, and she tilted her head.

Eyes searching for Kaz Brekker's, he was nowhere to be found and it made her heart drop, she turned back to him, her smile turning into one full of something she couldn't quite put a finger on.

"Madam, am I really that old?" she asked watching him straighten his posture and show his dimples, she fixed her scarf and waited for his response, "no, it is because of the power you hold," he replied with pure awe.