𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter 48: Colm Fahey in Ketterdam?Fuck

Fuck.

--♤--

If Zaria died during her coma, Jesper was never going to forgive himself.

He will admit though, on the second night, he cried silently, his heart heavy with the weight of guilt and regret.

Zaria's presence had been a constant source of strength and comfort for Jesper, and the thought of losing her was unbearable. He didn't want to lose her, not when he had already lost his mother.

She had been there for him her entire life, when he lost his mother, holding him tightly as he wailed in grief, That night was the first and last night he cried for hours.

Novyi Zem - 29 hours after Aditi's death: Seven-year-old Jesper and eight-year-old Zaria:

Zaria sat in her room, her book stuck to her nose as she read the story of a siren falling in love with a pirate who was supposed to catch her, The door opened, and here stood her Appa with sorrow clear in his eyes.

"Appa!" she exclaimed running towards him and wrapping her arms around his waist earning a low chuckle from him, She looked up hoping to see the usual merry light in his eyes but today hers were met by ones filled with despair, and he was avoiding eye contact.

"What's wrong?" she asked, concern etched on her face, Her father took a deep breath before kneeling holding both her arms gently, "Auntie Aditi is gone, honey," and that's when her little heart sank.

Aditi meant the world to her, she was the mother she wished she had, now she was gone, though she knew how much Jes' mom meant to him as well, tears appeared, and before her father could pull her into a hug.

She slipped away from his hold and ran out of the room, her sandals slapping against the tiled floor.

She could feel the rough fabric of the sandals rubbing against her ankles, the hot pavement burning her feet through the brown leather, and the sun wanting to melt her.

But she didn't care, all she could think about was Jes and how he must be feeling at the moment, She had to get to him.

As she ran, the world around her became a blur, she passed by busy shops and restaurants, dodging people and carriages as she went, ignoring people yelling at her to watch out, the sun beat down on her, but she barely noticed.

After what felt like an eternity, she finally reached the outskirts of town.

She ran past fields of crops, the tall stalks brushing against her legs and slapping her face, Jurda Parem's orange petals stuck on her inky hair as she ran, jumping up fences and stone walls, and sprinting down the flower field even the ones that she was allergic to and that will make her sneeze days and nights.