𝐗𝐕

Chapter 15: chains and touching

——♤——

Zaria hated what was currently happening, the past few minutes were hell to her and Kaz noticed the way she would try and cover her ears everytime someone accidentally steps on the chains on the rocks and the way her shoulders tensed.

The rattling triggered her.

Matthias thought that a guard was standing slightly far but the man made a sign gesturing them to come closer, Jesper noticed the chains and didn't think twice before approaching her, they spoke in Zemeni and only Nina seemed to understand, the other had no clue of what they're talking about.

"You were early, Jesper." Spoke Kaz while elbowing the Fjerdan to make him move, "I was on time." Replied Jesper confidentally, Kaz eyed the two with a cocked eyebrow.

"For you, that's early. Next time you plan to impress me give me a warning." Stated Kaz, Jesper huffing in annoyance, "the animals are out, and I found a boat. This is when a thank you would be in order."

Zaria scoffed in his arms, "you still expect a thank you from dirtyhands himself?" She laughed with Inej not caring about the dirty look he shot her, Jesper thought for a while before shrugging, "I mean... yeah sometimes–" he was cut off by her tapping his chest.

"Keep dreaming, sweetheart."

She said standing beside Inej and wrapping her arms around her shoulder, the Suli girl smiled and intertwined her fingers with the girl, "thank you, Jesper." Said Nina.

"You're very welcome, gorgeous. See, Kaz? That's how the civilised folk do."

Zaria whistled nodding her head towards the Fjerdan who was looking around for a way to escape, "past lovers, watch out." She whispered towards Jesper teasingly, who looked around between Nina and Matthias in concern.

Matthias on the other hand was planning a whole murder plan, steal Jesper's gun, the boat and shoot Nina straight to the heart watching the light leave her beautiful green eyes he once fell for.

The two brown skinned girls were on his right barely reaching his shoulders, he could just push the Suli girl right? What about the other?

The other was quick and had a rifle she stole plus he definitely knows she can fight just by seeing her muscles tense under the fabric.

She was a demon, both she and the gloved boy. She was like the shadow Fold.

Kill Nina. Kill Nina. Kill Nina.

He exhaled before throwing himself on the nearer, Zaria, both the girls moved like wind and a punch went immediately do his jaw, Inej wiped her hands with a sigh.

They sensed his attack.

He fell to the ground, Matthias let out a choked yelp and fell on the tocks, he could feel the metallic taste in his mouth, Blood? Because of a punch?