𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

Chapter 43: back to the crows

——♤——

Zaria was in a coma, not once did she wake up, her heart had stopped once and thanks to Matthias she didn't die.

Jesper was angry, very angry, at a) because he thought Jan Van eck killed his lover, his best friend, and the other best friend he loved to annoy.

b), because of his and Kaz's heated argument: let's go back.

"Nina might not be able to put you back, you know. Not without another dose of parem. You could be stuck like this." spoke Jesper looking at Wylan who avoided his eyes, "Why does it matter?" he asked.

"I don't know!" Jesper said angrily, "Maybe I liked your stupid face." He turned to Matthias not wanting to look at his lover's startled eyes.

"You knew. Wylan knew. Inej knew. Everyone but me." he was very angry now, for the entire time he was by Zaria's side and her fighting a drug reminded him of the day his mother died, making him even angrier.

and now, they don't tell him the plan?

"Ask me why, Jesper," Kaz said, his patience at an end. Jesper shifted uneasily on his feet, his anger easing down, "Why?" and he regretted even asking that question immediately.

"You were the one who sold us out to Pekka Rollins." He thrust an accusatory finger at Jesper, "You're the reason we were ambushed when we tried to leave Ketterdam. You almost got us all killed."

Zaria wasn't there to take Jesper's side, cause if she heard him now she would've killed Kaz, pointing a finger at him the same way he was doing or even her dagger and yelling at him.

but he knew she will be surprised by what Kaz is saying at the same time.

"I didn't tell Pekka Rollins anything. I never-" started Jesper cut off by the bastard of the barrel, "You told one of the Dime Lions you were leaving Kerch, but that you'd be coming into big money, didn't you?"

at that, Jesper swallowed, "I had to. They were leaning on me hard. My father's farm-"

"I told you not to tell anyone you were leaving the country. I warned you to keep your mouth shut." Kaz's words were as sharp as a razor, cutting right through him.

"I didn't have a choice! You had me locked up in the Crow Club before we left. If you'd let me-" Kaz turned on him. 

"Let you what? Play a few hands of Three Man Bramble? Dig yourself deeper in with every boss in the Barrel stupid enough to extend you credit? You told a member of Pekka's gang you were about to be flush."