The Roanoke incident.

Many Years Ago

Roanoke Island

roanoke island used to be a peaceful island, far from trouble with a civilization that only wanted peace.

and of course, a place where yuji y/n itadori never fit in.

His family never had a good reputation on the island, his parents fought all the time, which bothered the neighbors

- mom, i-i'm hungry. - the little y/n approaches his mother, the woman rolled her eyes.

- I already told you there's no food today, your father spent all the money getting drunk at the bar, now stop bothering me, can't you see I want to be alone? Go to your room. - she orders and the pink haired boy sighs, his stomach rumbled with hunger, but the fridge was empty.

it was common for the boy to go long periods without eating, his parents did not bother to feed him properly.

his mother was a bitter woman, she didn't like having to take care of the house one bit, every day she regrets marrying her husband.

she regrets having y/n.

- I have to eat something. - y/n jumps out of his bedroom window, keeping quiet so his mother doesn't notice his absence, he didn't have any money so his only option was to walk to the forest and eat some fruit.

it was night and the lighting was low, he was afraid of the dark but his hunger was bigger than his fear, y/n just wanted to grab an apple or a banana and go home quickly.

y/n spotted a tree that looked like it had some fruit, his stomach made noises again, he was hungry.

with a lot of effort he managed to climb the tree and sat on a branch, he took an strange looking apple and ate it

- what a horrible taste, it doesn't even taste like an apple! - he grumbles and decides to get another apple.

However, when he reached out to pick up more apples, the branch he was sitting on broke and he fell to the ground, the boy screamed in pain.