Water 7: the pirates plan to save Robin.

the four CP9 agents leave and come across several Franky Family members, who are yelling around town that they have Usopp and the ship captive and that Luffy has to go to the workplace under the bridge if he wants to see them again. Lucci beats them up to find an exact location and the agents head for Franky's hiding place.

Meanwhile, at Franky's hide-out, Usopp continues to fix the ship while Franky and his assistants, the Square Sisters, cry from his story.

When Franky asks what Usopp plans on doing once he fixes his ship, he replies that he's going back to his village in east blue.

Franky tells him that he cannot let him do that, since the ship will not even reach the next island, nonetheless go back to East Blue, and suggests letting him dismantle it.

After arguing, Franky throws Usopp into the water under the ship so he can see for himself that the ship is too damaged to go anywhere.

Even after resurfacing, Usopp continues fixing the ship and reveals that he already knew the ship was doomed.

He tells Franky that in Skypiea, he saw a strange figure in the fog fixing it, telling Usopp, "Don't worry, I'll carry everyone a little longer." The next day, though crudely done, the ship was fixed and back in its original form, which led Usopp into thinking that the figure was the Going Merry's soul.

Franky confirms this suspicion, telling Usopp about the Klabautermann, a ship spirit that appears to warn and even save crewmembers when the ship is near destruction and only appears if the ship loves the crew it carries.

Franky points out that if Usopp traveled on the ship and ended up dying when it fell apart, the Going Merry's soul would not be able to live with itself, but Usopp asks Franky if he should just leave behind a friend when he is about to die.

Before this discussion can go on much longer, the four CP9 members break in, knocking out the Square Sisters.

Franky recognizes them as being from the Galley-La Company and attacks them, asking them what they think they are doing there

Franky recognizes them as being from the Galley-La Company and attacks them, asking them what they think they are doing there. Lucci reveals to him that they are from the government, and they know he is really Cutty Flam, also claiming that they killed Iceburg.

The cyborg is then knocked through a wall, revealing a dusty workshop—the place where Tom's Workers operated, and the CP9 decide to look through it in search of the Pluton blueprints, tearing the room apart, but Franky tells them to get out of there.

As Franky and Usopp are restrained by CP9, Franky is told that their commander would like to talk with him.

Spandam, leader of CP9, talks to Franky using the den den mushi and says he will get revenge on him for hurting his face in the past, he orders CP9 to bring Franky and Nico Robin to Enies Lobby as soon as possible.

CP9 decide to arrest Usopp too, as even though he left the crew he still claims to be a pirate. Kaku then notices that they still have not gotten rid of the ship and releases it into the storm of Aqua Laguna.