Chapter 3 - Afternoon Routine

Kevin's pov

  Later at afternoon, school is over, and every student is going home. I am going home with my shoulder bag. The afternoon is golden beautiful, with the sun setting beautifully over the horizon.

  But before going home, I had a ritual of going to my favorite local bakeshop to buy some freshly-baked pastries for snacks, before going to a nearby river to watch the water flowing. So, I went straight to that local bakeshop down the street in the main town center to buy some bread in cheap prices.

And as I enter the shop, one of the shop's cashiers, one of my close friend, greeted me with a smile.

  "Good afternoon to you, sir," I positively greeted him back.

  I then began to browse for freshly-baked goods, especially my favorites: donuts with chocolate and vanilla glazing and soft croissants. And eventually, I requested for my favorites, one each. My cashier friend then granted my request, picking up one Choco-Vanilla-Glazed Donut and one Cheese-filled Croissant for the total price of 50 cents only, before placing both of them into a small paper bag. In response to that, I get my blue and black leather wallet from my bag and get some coins, before giving the said amount of money to the cashier. Receiving the money, the cashier puts it into the register and print out the receipt while I zipped-closed my wallet and put it back in my bag. After that, the cashier ripped off the receipt clean, stapler it into the paper bag containing my purchases, and give it to me.

  "Thank you so much," I thanked him gratefully and politely. He then said that line in Japanese.

  "You're welcome, Kevin," the cashier responded back happily.

After that, I left the store with my bag of purchases.

  Not long after, I arrived at a riverbank and settled down on the soft, green grass, before opening the paper bag and get my croissant. I then took a bite of it while watching the water flowing. And then, Wesley and Maccoy came to me, greeting me good afternoon.

  "Oh, good afternoon, Wesley-senpai and Maccoy-senpai," I greeted them back upon seeing them.

  "Hey, uh," Wesley replied with an apology, "we're sorry about trespassing on school property. We should've asked the principal for permission."
  "It's okay, you guys," I positively responded, reassuring my friendship with my cousins. "I mean like, what in the world are you guys?"
  "But don't worry, we told your parents and our parents," Maccoy responded back. This follows with a short silence.

Not long after, we all sat on the grass to resume our discussion last morning.

  "So, your future is still hazy and mysterious, right?" Maccoy said to me.

I then nodded. "Yes, I'm still thinking about it."
Wesley, who was next to me, then gave me a deep pat on the back while saying, "Man, our little Kev was still a mystery."
  "Wesley!" Maccoy scolded Wesley immediately.

  "Sorry."

This follows with a short silence.

  "So," I said to them breaking the silence, "hang out this afternoon?"
  "Yeah, as usual," Wesley answered back positively.

  "Me too as well," Maccoy added. And thus, our council meeting and discussion had ended, and we stand up and went home to my house.