Chapter 8 - Zombie Apocalypse!

Kevin's pov

Meanwhile, me and Maccoy, alongside Juan and Maria, are blissfully walking down the corridor while holding our plastic bags full of their purchases. I had bought an additional 3 more notebooks and 2 highlighters for complicated reasons. Wesley then catch up with us and catches his breath.

  "Woah, Wesley, what's wrong with you?" Maccoy asked him in response.

  "Zombies," Wesley uttered a word.

Not believing that zombies are real, I then responded back, "What are you talking about? Zombies are not real."
  "Yeah, I mean, grandpa doesn't believe that," Maccoy added as well.

But, ironically, we suddenly heard some zombie noises and screaming coming from the distance, and realized that Wesley wasn't making it up – it's real. And so, in response to that, all of us began to run for their lives, joining the crowd of shoppers in the process. After a full minute of running, we managed to get out of the mall building via the main entrance, but the zombie outbreak wasn't limited to the mall – it spread throughout the city.

  "What in the world?" I commented in despair as my backpack sways from my back.

  "Yeah, and I saw a man turning into one," Wesley responded back while still running.

  "I thought it's not real," Maccoy added as well in despair.

We then all took a right turn at an intersection, and got separated from one another, except for Juan and Maria, and into four.

  And as people run and scream for their lives, I, while still running, looked back at the chaos, before hitting to a lamp post, knocking me unconscious to the ground.