Chapter 35 - Raphael

Wesley's pov

  Once we arrived back at Ray's lab, we get off, grabbed our scavenged supplies and ammunition, and entered into the building.  

  "Man, I can't believe my cousin Kevin-kun would be there," I commented to my friends, "only to leave when we get there."

  "Yeah, I wished we would ," Matt responded back.

  "But unfortunately, they left," Francis replied back.

  "It's alright," Ray reassured to us, "we'll meet them someday."

  "Thanks, Ray-san."

  We arrived at the main meeting hall where the other survivors are cleaning their weapons and having conversations. We then informed that we're back and scattered the scavenged supplies and ammunition onto a table, causing the other survivors to gather around and pick whatever they needed.

Then, while I was reading my manga, one of the survivors came to me and asked, "Hey, you're Wesley, right?"

I got startled a bit, turned around, and responded, "Yes, I am. Who are you?"

  "I'm Raphael Laurel," that survivor, a young college student named Raphael Laurel, responded nicely, "nice to , Wesley." He then offered me a handshake.

Accepting it, I replied back, "Nice to meet you, too, Raphael-senpai, I'm Wesley Kurusawa of the Philippines and Japan."

We then discharged from handshaking, and Raphael pulled out his notepad and pen, and jotted some notes.

  "What are you doing?" I asked in semi-confusion.

  "I'm just taking notes so I would not forget," Raphael responded back while jotting down fast.

  "Oh, okay then."

  Later at lunch time, all of us are eating a simple, cooked lunch. Rose and Francis had cooked salmon and steamed rice at the lab's kitchen. Luckily, someone in our group had somehow managed to fix and restore the building's power using a backup generator. And as we eat and drink, Raphael kept pestering me with questions about my life. Of course, due to my religion and belief of not being a deceiving liar, I answered his questions very thoroughly and honestly. Every time, I answered, he jotted down those facts from me in his only A7-sized notepad. Ray and the rest are kind of happy about us getting along very well.

  "Wow, you two really get along," Rose commented.

  "Yeah, they are," Ray added.

But, Francis looks suspicious at Raphael's weird habit of jotting down facts from me in his notepad.

But I didn't mind at all, thinking that it was normal for Raphael to do that.

  Later in the afternoon, in my room, I write in my journal what had happened that morning and noon.

  "Man, I talked to a new friend," I thought while writing. "I hoped I would get along with him more and more."
And then, five months had passed.