Chapter 16 - Wesley, the Vengeful Person

Wesley's pov

  Meanwhile, back atDay 1 of the zombie outbreak, I woke up from being unconscious for an entireday, a bit disoriented and confused. It seems that I lost my memory of beingunconscious.

  "What happened to me?" I asked himself as Ireadjust my glasses.

I then stood up,grabbed my shoulder bag, and started to wander in the streets of Charleston.Along the way, I called the names of Kevin, his parents, Maccoy, Juan, andMaria, but since I was at the other side of the neighborhood where the mall waslocated, no one could hear me. And then, after another failed attempt, Isuddenly heard some gunshots and zombie sounds.

  "Wait, is this for real?" I thought tohimself. "Zombies are real?" I then took cover behind an abandoned truck andpeek at the soldiers shooting at the zombies. I was very surprised by it, and Ithought in his mind again, "What the...? Is this for real?"
And then, suddenly, a zombie attacked a soldier and it was about to bite him,but the soldiers killed him, grabbed their comrade, and fled the scene in theirvehicle.

Seeing this, I wasshocked: my belief was debunked. So, knowing how to survive, I grabbed adiscarded pistol and its ammo from the ground and started going around downtownin order to get out of the city.

Along the way, I saw some terrorists beating a youngman brutally. It was Ken, my beloved uncle-in-law. I was shocked and I tookcover behind a wall. And then, suddenly, I heard a gunshot and when I peek again,Ken was dead on the ground and the terrorists robbed of his possessions andleft the scene. I then ran to my uncle-in-law and begged him not to die. ButKen was shot in the back of his head so he was unresponsive and dead. Becauseof this, I began to cry and sobbed, screaming to the sky on the top of mylungs. And then, I grabbed my uncle's pistol and ammo and left his dead body onthe streets while thinking of revenge for his death. Although I was religious, Ibelieved in revenge as well. But I was determined to hunt those who areresponsible for Ken's death.

Third person pov

  Later that day, Wesley was now east of downtown and the sun was setting, producing darkness and shadows in theprocess. Now, Wesley needed a place to stay for the night. So, he found an abandoned convenience store and settled there for the night. Inside the store,as he browses for food and drinks, he thought to himself, "Am I allowed tosteal during an apocalypse? I mean, I hated stealing, but since the owner had either abandoned this store or had died, I can do that."

And so, with this belief in mind, Wesley began getting some junk food and bottles of mineral water and tossed them into a discarded backpack. Sometime later, he found a bulletproof vest and puts it on, giving him protection. After that, he found an M14 rifle lying around next to the counter, and he decided to pick it up anduse it for his survival.

    Later at night, at 7 in the evening, aszombies roam the outside, Wesley was eating his simple dinner, which consisted of a ham sandwich and potato chips. His beverage was just a bottle of mineral water. He had already barricaded all exits in the store building so no zombie would barge in and attack him.

  "Where's Kevin-kun and the others?" he asked himself in his mind as he eats his simple dinner. "I hoped they will be fine." He had tried to call them via his smartphone, but so far, there is no signal bars, as if the cell towers had been shut down.

  At 9:07 p.m., as the sounds of gunshots and zombies can be heard for a couple of blocks away, Wesley was sleeping on the mattress where Kevin previously slept on.