Chapter 40 - Maccoy's Happening

Maccoy's pov

  One day, I woke up, seeing the destruction the chaos had left. At first, I don't remember what had that noon, but now, I remember it. So, I get up, grabbed my shopping bag and shoulder bag, and started walking around downtown. Along the way, I called my cousins' names loud and clear, but no one was there, as if the city was abandoned. It was Day 1, I thought to myself.

But, I wasn't scared at all at this, and I am a pacifist, believing that violence is not good.

Then, every time I see a zombie, I would hide and try to sneak my way through pass them.

  This lasts until noon, in which I took over at an abandoned fast food restaurant because it was hot at that time. There I started to search for food because I haven't eaten any lunch on the day of the zombie outbreak. I was hungry, and my stomach is grumbling for food. Then, after much searching, I found three cheeseburgers, wrapped in paper, laying on the floor at the kitchen. Desperate, I grabbed both of them, and opened one of them, before sniffing it and taking a bite of it. The taste was average and it wasn't contaminated, thanks to the paper that wraps it close. After I ate, I stored the other two cheeseburgers into my shoulder bag and rested at kitchen to replenish my energy.

  Later, at 1:59 p.m., I woke up, grabbed my belongings, and left the place and on my way out of the city.

  Not long after, while I was walking, I unknowingly reached the airport. It was the same airport where me and Wesley had landed a few days ago after a layover at New York City. As I stand in front of the same terminal where me and Wesley had exited, I thought to myself, "I hoped there's a plane out of this city."

So, I took a deep breath, and went in.

  Inside the terminal's chaotic interior, I passed through the barriers while using the flashlight function of my phone because it was dark inside. I forgot to charge my phone that night before we went to Charleston, so there's a chance that my phone battery will run out. Along the way, I shouted for anyone that might be inside the terminal building, but, just like last time, no one responded to my words.