Chapter 52 - What is that Mysterious Force?

Third person POV

  Later, after lunch, while studying at the base library, Kevin and Wesley started to question the feeling they had at their intervention on Kaleb and Ray's fight, a feeling of being protected by something.

  "What was that feeling?" Kevin asked.

  "Yeah, no idea," Wesley responded.

Kevin then stacked one book on another and said to Wesley, "I had no idea about that mysterious force, but I'm eager to find out what it was."

  "Yeah, me too," replied Wesley.

Meanwhile, Francis and Jane are helping out at the base's small farm.

Back at the library, Kevin made a hypothesis, "What if it was a supernatural one?"

  "Okay, although you and I believed in the supernatural," Wesley replied back, "but I'm not sure if it was a supernatural."

  "Yeah, you're right," Kevin responded, before diving back into thinking.

Then, Kevin had an idea, and he said to Wesley, "What if it was the one who prevented us from dying when we are on the brink of death? Do you ever experience that?"

  "Well, yeah, I do," Wesley answered back. "I once almost died to Ray-san's sniper rifle."

This really shocked Kevin a lot, and he responded, "Woah, what? Me too as well. And plus, that guy in a lab coat is Ray?"

  "Yes, that's his name," Wesley replied back. "And, what? You too as well?"

  "Yeah, by Kaleb-san," Kevin said, "twice."

  "That could've been fatal," Wesley commented.

  "Yes, it was," Kevin replied back. "I was in a coma for 5 months."

  "What? What month is today?"

  "Um, January?"

  "You completely missed your 12th birthday on November 14."

  "Yeah, I saw that, too."

  "That was a long coma."

After that, they wrote their theories on their notebooks regarding the mysterious force that prevented them from completely meeting their demises, before beginning to think about Maccoy, their council leader.

  "I don't know what happened to Maccoy," Kevin said.

  "Yeah, I haven't thought of him," Wesley responded. "I hoped he's alright."

  "Me too."

The two of them then continued studying until 1:22 p.m., in which Kevin will go back to his training exercise, much to Wesley's surprise.

Wesley knows that exercise is a beginning step of being a soldier. But he did know that being a soldier is a temporary career for Kevin, and instead, was amazed at his decision.

Kevin then spent the rest of the afternoon training and exercising until the twilight time, where he meets up with Riley so they could spend some time together.

  At night, Wesley meet up with Ron, Juan, and Maria and have a meal with them and Kevin in their room, before going back to another sleeping quarters nearby to rest up for the night. That's where Ray, Francis, and Matt are staying, so as Wesley.

But, meanwhile, at his main headquarters somewhere in the state of New York, Rudiman and his subordinates are planning something more sinister and deadly.