Chapter 17 - Dr. Ray

Third person pov

The next morning, Wesley woke up, grabbed his belongings and weapons, and removed the barriers at the main entrance, before proceeding to leave the store and on his quest towards leaving the city. Along the way, he killed many zombies and gathered more supplies and ammunition. Then, after a couple of hours of walking, he had found the exit, only to be surprised to see a dead body lying in the ground. It was a terrorist, who got stabbed in the neck by someone, which turned out to be Kevin.

"Is that a terrorist?" Wesley asked himself while examining the body. He then saw a machine gun next to the dead terrorist, and decided to pick it up and use it for his survival, adding more weaponry to his arsenal. He then abandoned the dead body with a conclusion that it was, in fact, a terrorist. He has no idea that it was Kevin who was responsible for this murder of a terrorist.

Along the way, while walking through the empty highway, Wesley had come across a burning vehicle on the side of the road.

"What the...?" he asked himself again. "What is going on here?"

But, he shrugged it off and continued his way through.

Later, at the forest far away from the city, he stopped aside to eat lunch. He was so hungry from walking and shooting, and since it was noon, he decided to eat a quick lunch. So, he sat down on the grass and under a tree, opened his backpack, grabbed a sandwich, and took a bite of it, feeling its texture.

"I think I can go back to Southeast Pines," Wesley thought to himself while eating his sandwich. He then finished eating and proceeds to drink an entire bottle of mineral water. He then shoved the empty bottle, got up, wear his backpack, and continue his trek towards Southeast Pines, which is more than 11 miles away.

Later, as the sun was going down, Wesley decided to find shelter immediately. Luckily for him, he found an abandoned lab, which was infested with zombies. But, Wesley wanted to stay there for the night, so he just took the risk and entered in. In the dark hallways, he killed and shot many zombies, including zombified scientists, and barged in every room to look for more zombies to kill and supplies to gather. But, at the courtyard of the lab, he was walking with his guard on. And then, suddenly, a zombie shot near him, scaring the life out of him.

"Woah, what?" he commented quickly. He then looked at the second floor of the lab and saw a zombie, with a gas mask and a sniper rifle, aiming at him.

"What in the world?" he thought to himself. He then began running for his life as the zombie, named Ray Kony, kept shooting at him with his sniper rifle. Wesley had been running while shooting at Ray, but Ray dodged it with speed and alertness, as if he was a Smart Zombie, a type of zombies that can dodge attacks and wield weapons. And then, at a wall in the hallway, Wesley catches for his breath when a laser was pointing near his heart. But, Wesley was too busy panting to notice that and got shot. He then collapsed to the ground and began to vomit blood from his mouth.

"No, I don't want to die like this," he thought his last words. He then closed his eyes and died on the spot. And then, Ray, with a smoking sniper rifle, let go of his weapon, charged at Wesley, took off his mask, and started feasting on him. Is this the end of Wesley Magkalon?