Chapter 50 - A Brotherly Rivalry

Third person pov

  At Ray's lab, Wesley decided to search for Kevin first, then Maccoy second. To make sure he is safe, Ray, Francis, and Matthew decided to come, in which Wesley agreed.

  "I'll be leaving this lab to the other survivors," Ray added.

  "Okay then," Wesley agreed as well.

  "We got this, doctor," Rose said to Ray.

  "Good luck out there," another survivor added.

  And so, the next morning, as the other survivors buried the dead terrorists in a mass grave at a field nearby, Wesley, Ray, Francis, and Matthew hopped in one of Coverdale's squad vehicles and, with Matthew driving it, they went west towards Virginia.

Along the way, Wesley tried to contact Kevin via his smartphone, but to no avail.

  "It's okay, I think he might be somewhere in this state," Ray said to Wesley. "

  "You're right," Wesley replied while thinking.

  At 10:55 a.m., they arrived at a place that turns out to be Kaleb's base, and some survivors from it came and asked them if they are survivors, too.

  "Yes, we are," Matt responded back nicely.

But, when they saw Ray having red eyes, the survivors flinched and pointed their fingers while one of them saying, "Is that a zombie with you?"

Wesley then glanced at Ray, before glancing at the survivors and replied in reassurance,

  "Yes, but he's not attacking humans anymore."

Seeing that Ray is not attacking them, the survivors said to each other, "So he's a rogue zombie..."

Stunned by that new term and concept, Wesley asked, "What is that?"

  "Well, a young kid named Kevin Cruz made that concept," one of the survivors responded back, "and that describes any zombie that had lost its thirst and hunger for blood and flesh and had regain its consciousness and senses."

Upon hearing the name Kevin, Wesley was stunned, and he immediately get off the van, and asked the survivors, "Kevin is here? What was his ethnicity?"

  "Well, we heard he is a European-Asian," Jane replied back.

  "That's my cousin!" Wesley exclaimed. "We have been searching for him!"

  "Oh really?"

  "Yes."

  "I see. Come with us."

And so, Wesley and his party went into Kaleb's base via the front gate.

  Inside, Ray parked his van at a field, and he and the others get off, holding their weapons. Meanwhile, Jane and the other survivors went to Kevin, who was taking a break from his exercise training, and said to him, "Hey, Kevin, someone is looking for you."

  "Okay, I'll be there," Kevin replied, before putting his book aside and went with Jane.

In the fields, the moment Kevin saw Wesley, Kevin was overjoyed, and he shouted, "Hey, Wesley-senpai!"

Upon hearing Kevin's voice, Wesley turned around, and he saw Kevin waving at him.

  "Kevin-kun!" he shouted back positively, before running towards him to hug him after months of separation.

  "Man, I can't believe it's you," Kevin said to him.

  "Yeah, me too, Kevin-kun," replied Wesley back.

But then, Kaleb walks to them and said, "So, you two knew each other?"

Kevin and Wesley then discharged from hugging, and Kevin said to him, "Yes, this is Wesley Casas, my cousin."

Wesley then looked at Kaleb and asked, "Um, are you a zombie, too?"

  "Yes, but, a rogue zombie," Kaleb answered back. "I'm Kaleb, the leader of this division."

  "Wow, so Ray-san wasn't alone," Wesley thought to himself.

But then, Ray and Kaleb see each other and a spark of rivalry came in.

Upon seeing that, Kevin and Wesley are very surprised, so as Francis, Matt, Jane, and the other survivors around them.