Chapter 54 - A Church Service at a Shed

Third person POV

  The next day was a Sunday, and Kevin and Wesley decided to hold a church service at one of the unused sheds in Kaleb's base. The shed was big enough to fit over 60 people and the roofing is tiles. He made a cross out of two sticks tied together by a string. He also had his church hymnbook given by his church minister; but he had an extra one for his two younger siblings to share. Wesley also had a hymnbook given by his Methodist church minister. They get some plastic chairs for pews and a foldable table for an altar. Luckily Kevin was allowed to skip training on Sundays due to his religion.

  At that empty, unused shed, Wesley set up the altar with the cross Kevin made, a tablecloth, two electric candles, and a thick, leather bound Bible. Kevin arranged the chairs while Juan, Maria, and Ron swept the floor. Amazingly, Francis is from a Baptist church while Isaiah and his father are from an evangelical church, so they simply wanted to join the service. They also had some hymnbooks of their own. Matt, although not religious, was also interested in joining their service. The one who will give out the message for that Sunday is Kevin himself, with Leon's assistance. Despite his age, Kevin believed that age doesn't matter for him, as long as he knows the Bible very well.

  After setting everything up, they begin their worship service with two contemporary Christian songs and one traditional hymn, with Isaiah playing a guitar in the tune of those songs. The guitar was owned by Isaiah himself. After that, Wesley led the prayer before Kevin's message, which is about a Biblical figure in the Old Testament, would begin. Since there is no pulpit, Kevin just held his precious Bible while giving out his short, but interesting sermon. His sermon was very good as the rest listen to him while reading and flipping pages in their Bibles of various versions. Ron, due to his infected state, sat a bit further from them, but managed to hear his younger brother's message. To make it more interesting, Kevin encouraged them to ask questions for clarification.

  25 minutes later, Kevin led the after-sermon prayer, and they all sang the doxology, before ending their short service with one last hymn and three-fold amen. After all that, they put away everything, including the altar and stacking up the chairs, before leaving the shed and locked the door. Wesley had the key to the shed though, so he is in charge of the building instead of Kevin. But that was the starting point of a movement known as the Bible Assembly.