Chapter 37 - A Zombie Attack

Kevin's pov

  Two days after the "council meeting" with my "members", one evening, I was walking back to our room after helping out when I heard a lot of zombie noises coming from the east. And when I turned to that direction, I saw a zombie charging at me.

I then got alerted by it, pulled my katana, turned into Kako, and stabbed it to death.

Once that zombie fell to the ground, I breathed heavily because my adrenaline was so high due to being alert, and said to myself, "Thanks."
But, it wasn't one zombie either. I heard a lot of gunshots and shouting coming from the same direction, and one of the zombified soldiers came to me and said, "Kid, go to your room, now!"
  "Why?" I asked back.

  "A huge horde of zombies had breached our defenses!" that zombified soldier responded back.

I was shocked to hear that.

  "What? How?"

  "I don't know," the zombified soldier replied back, "but you have to go to your room, now, and stay there until it's safe to come out."

  "Okay."

I then ran to the sleeping quarters, climbed the stairs, and knocked on the door desperately. Then, Ron opened the door, and asked, "Kevin, what is it?"

Turning back to the real Kevin, I responded back, "There's a huge horde of zombies invading this base!"

  "What? Really?" Ron responded back in shock and alert.

  "Yes, and I was told to stay inside."

  "Okay, come in."
I then went inside, and Ron closed the door and locked it.

  Inside, Juan and Maria are scared of the zombie sounds, but I gave them some comfort and said to them, "It's okay, Juan-kun and Maria-chan, we'll pass this, together."

Ron was guarding the door just in case any zombie would barge in.

Then, seconds later, just as I predicted, a zombie tried to barge in to attack us. Me and Ron then tried to push the door back while Juan and Maria are hiding under the table.

But, suddenly, a survivor came in and shot the zombie several times with a shotgun in brutality, before pulling his dagger and stabbed it several times. Blood splashed on the door as me and Ron watched this brutal scene.

The survivor then looked at us and realized that he went too far. He then stand up and apologized, "Sorry, for being too brutal."

  "I-It's alright, sir," Ron responded back. "Carry on."

  "Thanks, I'll clean the door later."

That survivor then pulled the zombie body out of the scene, and Ron closed the door and locked it.

Back at the inside, although I had seen it, I wasn't that traumatized. Juan and Maria kept on hiding under the table, but I understood their feelings. I then lay down on my bed, and looked at the ceiling as gunshots and zombie sounds emanated from the outside.

  "I hoped Wesley-senpai and Maccoy-senpai will be alright," I thought to myself.