Chapter 7 - Shopping Time

Third person point of view

  By almost lunch time, after some traffic issues, they had arrived at one of the largest malls in the city. After parking their car, they all get off, grabbed their belongings, and entered into the main mall building, with shopping lists in their minds: the parents will buy some new stuff and clothes, while Maccoy and the kids will buy some stationery and games. Wesley aimed for the latest version of his favorite action games. Kevin and Maccoy, alongside Juan and Maria, will buy some stationery and some clothes.

  At a stationery store, the kids, under the watchful eye of Maccoy, are looking at the countless types of notebooks, pens, pencils, highlighters, papers, notepads, and other stuff in different price levels. The most expensive clocked in less than 40 dollars, while the cheapest only costed a few dollars.

  And as he kept browsing, Kevin suddenly saw a notebook with a black leather cover, an elastic band, and a back pocket. It was only for $6.99, and Kevin already loved it, taking one of it with him, and tossed it into the shopping basket.

  Meanwhile, Maccoy was browsing for his favorite highlighter brand, and suddenly found it, next to some other highlighter brands.

  "Ah, found it," he said to himself. He then gets 2 of them, in red and neon, and tossed them into the shopping basket.

Wesley's pov

  Meanwhile, at the same time, at a gaming store in the 2nd floor, I was looking for the latest version of my favorite action video game, searching aisle after aisle. A bit later, having only one option, I decided to go to the owner of the store to ask him about the availability of the latest version of my action video game. But, unfortunately for me, the owner briefly told me that the latest version of my favorite action video game has been sold out recently. This disappoints me, a half-Filipino, half-Japanese who loves action video games, a lot, and I just left the store with a sad sigh.

  But, while walking towards the escalator, I saw a man coughing harshly and severely. That man then coughed next to me, but I wasn't affected at all.

  "What the...?" I thought in my mind.

But then, the man suddenly collapsed to the floor, and started shaking crazily. His eyes then turned blood red and his mouth started bleeding blood. And then finally, the man rose up with hunger and thirst for flesh and blood. And as people watch, the man, now a zombie, starts attacking one of them, biting him in the chest. This eventually turned the one who got bitten into a zombie as well. Now, both of them started attacking other people, spreading the virus even more and causing panic amongst the shoppers.

This freaks me out and made me realize something: those are real zombies. With that in mind, I ran across the corridor to warn my buddies about it. The zombie apocalypse had started.