Chapter 33 - Council of Matsu

Kevin's pov

  Later at lunch time, I went back to my room to eat lunch with my siblings. There we ate mashed potatoes with scrambled eggs and some steamed rice, which was a little bit easy to make and cook, especially the fact that the survivors had stocked up on potatoes and eggs. The atmosphere around us was peaceful.

  "So, Kiyoshi," Ron said to me, "what are you going to do this afternoon?"

I then looked at him, and answered back, "Oh, I'll have a council meeting with Kevin and the others concerning what are we gonna do during this zombie virus outbreak, as well as some other issues that required considering."

  "Oh, I see," Ron agreed with me. "Okay, where?"

  "At the forest nearby," I replied back while eating.

  "Okay, but don't go further than that," Ron responded back with a reminder, "and also, make sure you go back before sunset, okay?"

  "Alright, big brother."

  After lunch, I went back to the stairs to resumed studying and documenting about my day. This time, I'm now studying Japanese and Vietnamese simultaneously while taking notes in my combined language journal. Then, I saw a drone, the type of drone that chased me in the past, passing by above me. Recognizing this, I got scared and used one of my notebooks as a shield against it. Me, Kako, and Kevin are afraid of drones because that reminds us of the short films on the internet and some movies we watched. As a result, at the last "council meeting", we condemned the use of drones, no matter what they looked like and stick to traditional, old-fashioned tactics of warfare. This sounds ridiculous and nonconformist, but we don't care.

  By 2:55 p.m., I put away my studying materials and writing tools inside my backpack, stand up, and went outside of the base via the open hole in the fence. As I walks across the forest, memories of me and my siblings running came to my mind, and I was barely haunted by it. After 3 minutes of walking, I arrived at the place, which I called, "The Council Building" in my imaginary world, and settled there by sitting on the fallen log. It was the same place where me and Kaleb had waited yesterday.

  After that, I grabbed my journal and pen, stand on the log, and "conducted" a "council meeting". I also switched places around to act as my "members" whether they wanted to say or object.

["Council" chat]

Kevin: Hi, everyone.

Kiyoshi, Kakeru, Toshi, Kako, and Leon: Hey, sir Kevin.

Kevin: So, shall we begin our 14th Council Meeting?
(My "members" agreed.)

Kevin: Okay, the council meeting had started.

Kakeru: What are we gonna discuss about?

Kevin: We're gonna discuss about the changes of our rules due to a zombie outbreak.

Toshi: Okay. Well, I had been so active ever since Kevin acquired a machine gun from a dead terrorist, but I did allow Kako to take the spotlight whenever Kevin uses his katana.

Kako: Yeah, thanks a lot, Toshi-senpai.

Kevin: Okay then, that's good of you, Toshi-kun. As I was saying, I think it's time for us to adopt violence.

(This shocks the whole council.)

Leon: What? Are you sure about that? I thought you hated violence and became a pacifist.

Kevin: Well, I had to do it because they had no choice but to attack.

Leon: I think you should be persecuted and experience pain than to retaliate, but I do believe that violence was necessary for the future.

Kako: I agreed with Leon-san. I mean, sir, you loved anime, right?

Kevin: Yes, I do, and I liked imitating my favorite characters. I considered anime as one of the foundations of my life, alongside language learning, music, religion, and culture.

Kiyoshi: Yeah, that's true. I proposed studying while surviving this outbreak.

Kevin: Okay, I agreed with you, Kiyoshi-senpai. And also, other than adopting violence for good, I also approved the "funding" the investigation regarding the origin of the zombie virus, and how most zombies had managed to regain their senses, consciousness, and self-awareness.

Toshi: Right, I got it.

Kiyoshi: I hoped it won't affect my life as a student.

Kevin: Come on, Kiyoshi-kun, I made a plan to how to balance those things in one day.

Kiyoshi: Oh yeah, right, thanks, sorry, sir.

Kakeru: Well, I agreed with the changes, but I still wanted to continue my drawing career.

Kevin: Don't worry, Kakeru-kun, I got this.

Kakeru: Thanks.

Kako: I'm actually excited to sharpen and show my sword skills.

Kevin: Okay, let's work that as well, Kako-kun. So, are we agree with the changes in the rules and laws in our world?

(The rest agreed with the changes)

Kevin: Okay, it is decided.

[End of the "Council" chat]