Chapter 38 - Edward, the Drone Operator

Kevin's pov

  The next morning, at 6:22 a.m., after a rough sleep, I woke up, grabbed my katana, journal, and pen, and went outside, only to see the aftermath of the zombie attack last night. Blood was almost everywhere, on the buildings, on the sidewalks and roads, and even on trees. The survivors and the zombified soldiers are cleaning the blood while the other survivors are burying the dead zombie bodies in mass graves.

As I walk along, I commented to myself, "Woah, what a huge zombie attack it was."
Then, I meet up with Isaiah, who was helping out by cleaning the mess.

  "Good morning, Isaiah-kun," I greeted with positivity. I then said that line in Japanese and Spanish.

  "Morning, amigo," Isaiah responded back as he put aside his cleaning equipment. "Did you sleep well last night?"

  "Almost," I replied back while scratching my head for a few seconds, "but I felt energetic this morning."

  "Ah, I see. That's good. Do you have any breakfast?"
  "Not yet exactly. I'll do some training with my katana before eating some breakfast."

  "Oh, okay then."

After that, I resumed walking to the same obscured area as before and began my training with my katana. It was consisted of swings and attack types. Nothing too special. I just hoped Wesley-senpai and Maccoy-senpai are surviving this zombie outbreak.

  Later at 7:02 a.m., I grabbed my belongings and went back to my room in the sleeping quarters to have a quick breakfast.

  After breakfast, I went out again with my katana and backpack, only to see a drone flying above me. Luckily, I went Toshi-mode so I wasn't afraid at all because he is tech-savvy. I then began followed that drone all the way to a 3-storey building where the drone is. I then climbed the stairs all the way to the rooftop, and, I saw a zombified soldier, armed with a pistol, operating those deadly, futuristic drones.

It was a drone operator, I thought, so I, still Toshi-mode, slowly walked closer to him and said to him, "Good morning, sir."

That zombified drone operator then looked at me with his blood red eyes and responded back, "Oh, hello there."

I then bowed like a Japanese for a few seconds, turned back into Kevin, and replied back, "Nice to meet you, sir, my name is Kevin Algos Casas-Cruz, I'm from Spain and the Philippines."

  "Oh, so you're a biracial?"
  "Yes, and I had been living here in the United States for nearly 10 years."

  "I see."
Then, suddenly, that drone operator remembered something, and after that, he apologized to me for attacking me with one of his drones.

  "Are you the one who try to attack me and my siblings?" I asked back.

  "Yes, and I still remembered how I attack you using one of my drones," the zombified drone operator replied back. "I'm sorry again."

  "I-It's okay. You don't have to apologize again. It's all in the past now."

I then noticed the name on his uniform.

  "So, you're Edward Jasper, right?" I asked him.

  "That's right," Edward responded back.

I then went Toshi-mode again, and replied back, "It's nice to meet you, my name is Toshi, one of Kevin's advisors."

  "Toshi?" Edewards asked back in semi-confusion.

  "Yes, and Kevin had Disassociative Identity Disorder," I replied back with an explanation. "He had 4 others, namely, Kiyoshi, Kako, Leon, and Kakeru."

  "Most of them sounds foreign."

  "Yes, they're Japanese."

  "Okay, is Kevin an otaku or something?"

  "That's right, he created us in response to the horrors of this modern world."

  "Really?"

  "I know that's an irrelevant reason for his creation of us, but he wanted to live in the past where modern technologies didn't exist yet."

  "Oh..."

  "Yes, but I'm an exception because I tended to be tech-savvy and modernistic, and because Kevin needs some connection to technology in order to survive."

  "I see. That's why."