Chapter 13 - Out of the City

Third person pov

  Later after that, they all continued wandering around the city looking for an abandoned vehicle to ride on so they could get out of the city faster. Kevin and Ron are now armed with the dead terrorists' machine guns for additional weaponry and defense. After much searching and finding, they all found an abandoned SUV, open and with the key still set on the ignition.

  "Ah! We found one!" John said to them.

  "Are you sure about that?" Tim asked him in response. "Is that still in good condition?"

In response to that, John checked the entire vehicle carefully, looking at every nook and cranny, including the engine itself, to see if it had any damages. And after some thorough checking, John looked at them and gave them a thumbs-up, signifying that the car was in good shape. And so, they all hopped in and took seats. Kevin, Ron, Juan, and Maria are at the back, while John and Tim are at the front. Their weapons, equipment, and supplies are at the back of the car. And then, Tim, knowing how to drive, restarted the car, giving it power once more. This delights the group a lot.

  "Yay!"

  "Finally, we can get out of the city faster."

But then, suddenly, they heard a horde of zombies coming to their direction so the group told Tim to drive. Tim then pressed shifted the gear to Drive and pressed on the gas pedal real hard, accelerating the car to rising speed as the horde of zombies started to chase them from behind. The chase lasted for a couple of minutes until, they started to lose the horde off their path. With that, they sighed in relief and continued their way out in normal speed.

But then, arriving at an exit that leads them to a freeway, they saw a bunch of terrorists, masked, armored, and armed, guarding the gate.

  "Oh, man," Kevin commented, "there are bunch of terrorists guarding our way out."

  "What should we do, sir?" Maria asked in concern.

Tim looked at them seriously and responded, "We're going through."

He then looked back at the windshield, hold the steering wheel firmly and seriously, and shifted the gear to Drive, before pressing on the gas pedal hard, and the SUV accelerated in rising speed. Upon seeing and hearing the coming vehicle, the terrorists aimed their weapons and open fire at it, partially breaking the windshield. As this happens, Kevin got an idea, and grabbed his backpack and open it, getting one of the daggers. He then opened the window down since he had a window seat, stick his head out, and threw the dagger at one of the firing terrorists, stabbing him in the neck and he died as the SUV breaks through the gate, escaping the city. Kevin then returned back inside and closed the window.
  Upon entering the freeway, they all cheered about the success of their plan, with John exclaiming, "Oh, yeah, baby!" He then turned towards the back and asked Kevin, "How did you take down that terrorist, kid?" He then turned on the aircon of the SUV.

  "Oh, I learned it from anime," Kevin answered back honestly and normally.

  "Ah, I see. So, you're an otaku?"

  "Yes, and a loner as well in school."

  "Ah, okay then."

Seconds after, they are now far away from the city, but a vehicle full of terrorists was chasing them, open firing at their vehicle.

  "Oh, crap, what the hell was that?" Tim asked. He then looked at the rear mirror, only to see a bunch of terrorists chasing them while open firing at them with their machine guns.

Seeing this, Tim immediately told John and Ron to grab their weapons and fire back at the shooting terrorists. John and Ron then obeyed him, grabbing their weapons, sticking their head out of the windows, and started shooting at the terrorists from behind. Juan and Maria then covered their ears while Kevin was neutral, having played many action games in his life and was used to it.

  But then, as Ron and John kept open firing, Kevin was struck with another idea, and immediately told Juan and Maria to get down. Juan and Maria then get down in response, and Kevin grabbed his machine gun, opened the window once more, stick his head out, and started to open fire at the shooting terrorists. He then changed strategies, and started to fire at the windshield of the terrorists' vehicle, killing the driver of the vehicle and caused the vehicle to veer to the left and crash on the side of the road, and it eventually exploded, killing the terrorists inside.

Seeing their enemy being taken down, Kevin, Ron, and John returned inside and closed the windows back. Juan and Maria then get up and opened their ears, asking if it was over.

Reloading his weapon, Kevin responded back to them, "Yes, guys, it's over."

  "Wow, brother, your strategy really worked," Ron commented positively.

  "Yeah, you're so sick," John added while reloading his weapon. "What's your name, kid?"

  "Oh, um, my name is Kevin Cruz," Kevin responded back.
  "Nice to meet you, Kevin," John replied back. "I'm John Worth."

  "And I'm Tim Mac," Tim added as well while driving. "Nice to meet you, too, Kevin."

  "I'm Ron Cruz, his eldest brother," Ron replied as well.

  "Nice to meet you, too, Ron."

And so, they all drive down the freeway. But, to where?