Annoying boys and creepy witches

School was one of those things that Aveline really didn't think much about. She showed up to her classes, sometimes she listened, most of the time she didn't. she would finish her essays and assignments in time, even if she didn't think about them till the night before.  Yet somehow always, she seemed to do well, putting in limited effort whenever possible.

So naturally when she got her schedule for the upcoming year, it wasn't a surprise to her that she was in all the hardest classes. Potions, defence against the dark arts— all the classes that people usually failed after OWL year.

"Oy Meadows what do you got?" Aveline asked, scooching over to a girl with soft black braids falling down her back.

Dorcas Meadows was one of Aveline's most favourite fellow Hufflepuffs. She shared a room with her, along with a couple other girls, but her and Dorcas had always got along the best. Dorcas was the type of girl to always be positive, even when facing the worst possible situations.

"Care of magical creatures first, you know me Ave I can't be bothered with the hard classes," Dorcas sighed, moving her schedule so Aveline could see.

It was common knowledge that classes were harder after fifth year. So much so that no longer were they even divided based on house, but more or less simply with whoever was continuing to take that class. Of course the basics like charms and transfiguration remained the same, but more difficult classes like potions turned into one class for the entire year.

"I can't believe you're still taking divination," Dorcas asked, as her warm brown eyes scanned over Aveline's schedule. "That class is horrid."

Aveline shrugged, reaching out and plopping a strawberry in her mouth. "It's easy marks," she stated simply.

"ROSIER," someone called from across the hall, and at once both Rosier children snapped their heads.

Except, the person calling the name was Sirius Black, who was standing on his seat frantically waving Aveline over. Dorcas let out a bit of a giggle at the commotion, and Aveline never wanted to strangle Sirius more. Nevertheless she picked up her book bag, as the whole school watched her walk over to the Gryffindor table.

"How's your schedule Tink?" James asked, moving himself over so Aveline' could sit inbetween him and Remus.

She groaned, tossing her bag on the ground as she sat down, handing her schedule to james.

"Merlin, you've got potions too! That makes all of us except Pete— sorry mate,"  James exclaimed, handing the schedule back to Aveline.

"Potions is rubbish anyways," Peter interjected, pouring practically the whole bottle of syrup on his pancakes.

"It's only one class," Aveline groaned again, smacking her head on the table.

The reason she was so disturbed by this, is because one class meant she was going to have to spend the whole year in a class with the Gryffindors, and a bunch of hormonal Slytherins. One of which would certainly be her brother, who really seemed to get particularly angry when he saw his sister talking to any of the marauders.

"Oh goody," James said sarcastically. "We will all get the joy of watching Snape kiss sluggy's ass."

Their was a collective groan amongst the group, all except Peter who was loading more syrup on onto his plate with a smug expression.

"Well you guys have fun with that!" Peter said cheerfully. "I'll be enjoying my spare block, probably doing something relaxing like taking a nap."

"Pete you just woke up."