Cheers !

One Year Later:

"Aveline WATCH OUT!"

The dirt that caked her body was so wet it felt like she was covered in clay. The rain pounding against her skin was so intense it dug into her like blades. She couldn't tell which parts of her were covered in rain and which parts of her were covered in blood, but she did know, she needed to keep running.

Thunder pounded through the sky like it was a warning sign to go home, lightning lighting up the trees she currently ran through like a spotlight.

She could barely catch her breathe, throwing spells at the people chasing her recklessly, in blind hopes one would hit.

The past year of Aveline's life had taken a drastic shift in intensity as the war boiled and brewed into such a heat it was practically burning up all of magical and muggle england.

The past year of her life had been spent hidden across the world in different tents, run down hotels and dingy pubs, just trying to survive, just trying to make a difference.

She couldn't even remember the last time she had been home or had slept in a bed that wasn't a pile of blankets on the floor. Nor could she even remember the last time she had seen anyone in her life except Sirius, James or Marlene as fellow auror's.

She did however remember the last time she hugged her Remus— exactly six months, 2 weeks and 3 days ago. Though she didn't wear her ring on her finger, it was tightly tucked against her chest on a chain she never took off.

The past year of her life had left her body toned in muscles she didn't realize she had, covered in dirt and grime and scars and scraps. It had also come with so much pain and darkness Aveline was certain she couldn't take anymore.

Right now though, she just needed to focus on surviving.

She was currently stationed on a mission in the Transylvania forest with Kingsley, Sirius and the Prewetts.

After the ministry had been gotten a tip off that there was a death eater encampment in the forest, the group had been stationed as spies, watching, waiting and collecting information and the outskirts.

Everything had been going well, until Aveline woke up to a wad of fire hitting her tent and Kingsley ripping her out of the burning tent yelling that they were under attack.

They were grossly out numbered, and in times like this the main goal was not to fight, but to get out and survive.

Aveline had grown far to used to being in these situations, the young woman ducking through trees desperately trying to find somewhere safe to aparate.

She was just about to lift her wand and snap herself away, when she heard a familiar scream that stopped herself in her tracks.

The Prewetts.

Against her better judgment, she went running towards the sound, which meant running towards the death eaters.

The screams continued and were laced with gut wrenching pain that made Aveline's body squirm.

She had gotten far too used to the screams of torture over the years .

It seemed Kingsley had the same idea as her, are she turned her head to the side to see the man running in the same direction as her.

The screamed seemed to be getting rather and farther away, as if it was moving the same speed they were.

Screaming, Aveline had learnt, was actually a good thing— it meant they were alive and breathing.