parties and brides

"James it is my pleasure to say, you may kiss the bride."

Despite the small ceremony, the crow erupted into a cheer so loud it was ear drum rupturing as they watched James dramatically swoop Lily into his arms and dip her into their first kiss as husband and wife.

The moment seemed unreal to James Potter as he pulled away grabbing his wife's waist in his hands and pulled her close, pressing their foreheads together.

"You're my wife!" he exclaimed in disbelief .

Lily laughed a soft sound that night as well have been music.

"I'm your wife," the woman confirmed.

James pulled away, clutching Lily's hand as if it was his life line, a grin so wife it was hurting his cheeks on his face. He turned to the crowd, giving it a look over as he threw his and Lily's joint hands into the air.

"WOOOO!" James hollered, which was followed by another round of cheers and claps from the audience.

And with that, the group watched James and Lily Potter skip off towards the house in a flurry of flower petals and love.

______________

The wedding after party was full of Euphemia delicious cooking and drinks that flowed into cups with heavy pours. Lily and James didn't take their hands off of eachother the entire night, hands always held or waists always joined.

The newly weds were currently on the dance floor, which was the Potters stoned patio that was decorated with flowers and soft lattern lighting.
They spun eachother around likle they were the only two in the room, James practically revolving around Lily like she was the earth and he the moon.

"Aveline," a voice said, the blonde haired girl turned around to see Proffesor Mcgonagall approaching her with a soft smile.

Aveline had been standing near the edge alone with a drink in her hand, watching her friends dance with a smile.

"Minnie!" she greeted happily.

Though she saw the woman at order meetings, it was often brief and kept short due to the intense nature. It was nice to see her favourite proffesor in a much happier setting.

"I hear congratulations is in order," the woman said, pointing down at Aveline's left hand where her engagement ring sat.

The girl smiled as she remembered the stone sitting on her finger, holding out her hand from Minvera to see.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Aveline awed, her cheeks glowing red with happiness and liqueur.

The woman reached out, and to Aveline's suprise pulled her in for a tight mother like hug. When she pulled away, Aveline could see tears forming in her eyes as she stared down at her former student .

"I'm so so proud of you all Aveline. I am certain you and remus will make a beautiful future for yourselves."

Aveline nodded with a shaky breathe, her eyes trailing over to where her fiancé currently stood. A drink in his hand, hand casually in his pockets as he stood laughing at something Sirius had just said.

The future made her heart thump and throat lurch. When she thought of the future she thought of Remus and her chest felt warm.

Though part of her always wondered, if she would ever be lucky enough to actually get a peaceful future with him.

What would it be like ? she wondered.

Would they have kids?

Maybe a dog?

It seemed so alien that she could live a life like that, but here she was standing at a wedding in the middle of a war where love still persisted even in the darkest of times.

for the first time in a long time, Aveline felt hopeful.

Maybe she could do this.

Maybe she had already done it.

for the first time in her entire life, Aveline thought of the future and felt happy.

She could picture herself so clearly married to Remus in their quiet little cottage with children running around in the yard, and a garden full of every herb she could ever want.

"You found yourself a good one Aveline, hold onto him," minvera told her, before walking away into the chaos of the party.

Aveline gulped, taking a large swig of the drum in her hand before wandering over to her fiancé.

Maybe everything would be okay.