Is this a fever dream?

The feeling of wet concrete was the first thing Aveline felt. As her knees gave out beneath her and she slammed into a wall behind her. Her hands landing in a puddle of some sort of murky water. The bottom of her dressed ripped and covered in mud, her hair falling out of its perfect curls.

Gideon has apparated them to a dingy looking muggle back alley. The type hidden away by dumpsters and bags of trash. Sickly looking rats crawling in the corners.

"Sorry for the rough landing," he said, holding out a hand for Aveline to take. She did, mostly because she wasn't sure she would be able to pull herself up with the corset still so tight.

They both looked like messes, covered in all sort of dirt and sweat.

"Is this the safe house?" she asked, looking around at the stained brick walls.

Gideon chuckled, shaking his head as he pulled out a cloth out his jacket pocket. Cleaning his face of the mud and sweat as best he could.

"The meeting place," he explained.

She was about to say meeting place of what, when the sound of two people apparating behind her caught her attention. She was expecting death eaters, whirling around with her wand, only to see the most unexpected sight of the Potter family— standing proudly infront of her. The Potter family, including Sirius and James.

She could've almost cried, immediately going to run in for hugs only to be stopped by Gideon holding out his arm. He hand his wand held out in front of him, as did the Potter parents.

"Code word?" Gideon demanded.

"Flickleberry," Fleamont answered, his wand also held out towards Gideon.

Gideon nodded, both men dropping their wands. Only then did Gideon pull his arm away, and Aveline barrelled into Sirius and James's arms. Both boys held her tight, her arms wrapped around each of their necks as she tucked her face into the crook of James shoulder.

She could've started crying right then and there. The emotions of the past month hitting her like a truck. A few tears managed to make it through, the girl grinning a tearful grin as she pulled back to look at them.

Both of them looked slightly horrified at the site of her in a wedding dress. Sirius's face paler then a ghost as his eyes scanned over her. When she looked back Gideon was already gone, not even giving her a chance to thank him.

"We best not linger," Euphemia said in a hushed tone. "Aveline you can apparat back with James."
She forgot both boys were already 17, James proudly nodding his head as he offered Aveline in his arm.

The landing was truthfully rough, both of them hitting the floor of Potter mansion with a thud. Though Aveline could've cared less.

She was safe and free.

Potter mansion was a direct contrast of Rosier mansion. Warm tan color's throughout the house, dozens of warm cozy couches and blankets thrown about in various rooms. It was much smaller then Rosier mansion, much more modest and cozy.
It was like stepping into the blueprint of a perfect family home— warm, inviting, safe.

"Come on dear, let's get you cleaned up," Euphemia arms were instantly around Aveline, hauling her off the floor and  up the stairs.

As much as she wanted to be around James and Sirius, she also was eagerly waiting to get the stupid dress off. Euphemia led her up stairs, opening the door one of their spare bedrooms.