Dots and Dust

Dust. Dust was the first thing Aveline noticed as she let out a loud cough as she felt solid floor beneath her again. It was dark, wherever she was, and she squinted as he eyes adjusted to the setting around her. There was nothing but cold floor beneath her and dark walls beside her.

"Where are we— Gideon!" Kingsley exclaimed

Aveline whirled around to a sight that truly wanted to make her hurl.

Gideon and Fabian Prewett on the floor of Rosier dungeon in a heap of blood and broken looking limbs. Blood was pouring down each of their faces so intensely Aveline could barely tell who was who, and she immediately threw herself down on the ground beside them, searching for a pulse. Kingsley was doing the same beside her, both frantically searching for any trace of life.

"He's breathing," aveline finally gasped, at whichever twin she was checking. "Kingsley, he's alive."

The man nodded, "So is he. We need to get them out of here. Now. "

"There is no way out Sir," the squeeky voice of Dot said as she emerged from the shadows herself. She was standing on the other side of a set of metal bars. "Dot is so sorry. Dot can not help it."

"Dot—" Aveline started, but as soon as she did the little creature burst into tears and ran away. "FUCK!" Aveline cursed, kicking the wall with her foot.

This was not at all how she imagined this fucked up mission going. They were trapped, int he dungeon of Rosier mansion of all places, with Dark Lord and his entire team of death eater freaks upstairs. Certianly it was only a matter of time before Dott apparated upstairs and told them who she caught.

Aveline did not blame the little elf. There was magic at work that made house elves have to obey their masters orders, no matter how much they did not want too. Truthfully it was Aveline's fault for being so reckles in barging into this stupid manor.

This was not supposed to be how her fun friday evening was supposed to go.

"We need to figure out how to get out here, Fabian and Gideon need a medic like now," Kingsley spoke again, still on his knees infront of the twins, his hand on one of the boys neck as he contunied to check for a pulse. "I can try and send a single to the others— "

"Its pointless," Aveline sighed. "There is enough magic blockers in here to tranquilize an elephant."

Sure enough, Kingsley tried to send out a patronus only for nothing to come from his wand. He tried again and again, only for him to end up in defeat each time.

Her eyes flickered back over to the twins, taking in their pale complexions and bloody faces.

She looked down at her palms, before taking a deep breathe and closing her eyes.

Breath in, breathe out.

One thing Aveline had learnt from Rosier mansion over the years was that magic blocking spells, weren't exactly all encompassing blockers, they were more like obstacles. And obstacles, were something that her little blood curse magic happened to be very good at avoiding.

"Are you actually mediating right now?" Kingsely spoke, his voice clearly irritated.

If Aveline would have had her eyes open, she would have seen Kingsely was pounding on the walls trying to find anything that could get them out of here.

Aveline stood in the middle of the room, her hands stretched out infront of her as she contunied to breathe.

Magic was like a river, or so she imagined in her mind. Magic was in constant flow, constant abudance. Like an endless river in heaven the river of magic was endless, there was technically no way for it to run out or to stop working. Magic blockers sort of just made you forget how to tune into the river, though with much practice and strength realistically anyone could overcome them.