The final finals

Despite being stabbed the day before, Mcgonagall did not exempt Aveline from her transfiguration exam. Truthfully Aveline felt very confident in writing the exam. After spending a night in the hospital wing being fed various healing potions, she felt more energetic then she had in months .  

That still didn't stop her from complaining to Mcgonagall as they walked towards the exam hall.

"Come on minnie!" the girl complained. "I was stabbed, inches from death yesterday and you expect that I write an exam today?"

The woman studied her for a moment.

"Yes," she deadpanned.

In defeat Aveline fell back with her friends, who all got a chuckle out of the blonde girls antics.

The first exam of the season ticked by with such slowness Aveline was sure the clocks had been charmed to tick slower. From beside her Peter sat, sniffling his nose to the point she was ready to jump up from her exam seat and strangle him with his own tie.

The worst part about exams to Aveline was the time in between. If it was up to her, all of her exams would be done in one day— back to back.

But no, exam season meant a drooling week of pretending to study and wishing time could just get over with it.

This exam season, however had a tinge of nostalgia painting it, especially as she stood next to Peter, James, Remus and Sirius, about to enter the top for their last exam.

This was it. Seven years of education completed by sitting for two hours in a wobbly table.

"I guess this is the last one," James said, and though it was supposed to be a statement of excitement, it lingered with sadness in his mouth.

"I can't wait to just get it over with," Sirius replied, a cheeky grin on the boys face.

As Aveline walked into the exam hall, she felt like this time it was nothing more then a blink, and suddenly her paper was being taken off her desk and whisked away by Proffesors.

Just like that, she set her quill down for the last time at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

And just like that she stepped out of the exam room for the last time, and took a breathe as she realized the stress of academics was done.

She felt someone tackle her from behind, a grin breaking across her face as she smelled the familiar smell of Sirius Black.

"We are DONE!" The boy yelled at the top of his lungs for the entire hall to hear.

There was an echo of cheers in response, as Sirius threw an arm over Aveline's shoulder.

They were done. There was not a singular paper or exam being held over their heads in stress and worry. It almost felt foreign, like her brain was at a loss for something to be preoccupied with.

The rest of their friends found them shortly, and buzzing with excitement they burst through the doors that led to the courtyard, a new found buzz of freedom radiating through them.

James let out a loud cheer, as the boys jumped the way rowdy teenage boys do.

The entire grounds had this same energy— groups pf students buzzing around in excited blurs laughter and chatter.

They came to the edge of the black lake, where the afternoon was still bright the sun reflecting on the surface. Birds singing in the trees behind them.

"Well," James sighed, throwing his backpack down on the grass before kicking off his shoes. "There's only one thing left for us to do."

aveline knew what the boy was about to before he was about to do, and she grinned throwing her bag down next to him.

James began undoing the buttons on his shirts, as Sirius let out a holler and began to follow his lead.

"James you wouldn't," Lily gasped, her tone daring as if she found what he was about to do amusing. "You are head boy." She reminded him.

The boy shrugged. "Only for like two more days."

And with that he took off running full speed towards the lake followed by Sirius, Remus and Peter all of whom were hollering at the top of their lungs.

Marlene and Mary followed next, the girls giggling as they jumped into the cold water fully clithed.

"Coming Evans?" Aveline asked.

The blonde girl had held back, waiting to see if Lily would join. She seemed hesitant, slighly frozen as her eyes darted from the school to her friends laughing in the lake.

"I shouldn't— I really shouldn't, I'm head girl and" Lily paused, taking a sigh as a grin moved across her face. "Actually, Fuck it."

Aveline watched as the girl tossed the ponytail out of her hair, and took off running, jumping into the water with a cold splash.

James laughed, catching the girl in his arms and spinning her around in the water with glee. They exchanged a kiss, James whispering something in her ear making her giggle.

With a splash Aveline followed, nearly drowning Sirius who had been pushed over by all the movement.

She ducked her head under the water, letting it soak her curls and refresh her mind as she surfaced to the sight of Remus grinning at her, the sunlight tinging his hair red.

Her white shirt clung to her body, her skirt wet and heavy in the water, but she cpuldve cared less.

They were done. The feeling was alnpst sureal. This was it. No more staying up till midnight in the Gryffindor common room. No more study sessions with Sirius that turned into gossip sessions. No more this.

Part of brought a tight squeeze in her chest, was it anxiety or was it excitement? Or was the line between them so thin they morphed into one ball in her rib cage.

Right now though, all she wanted to focus on was Sirius trying to lift Peter on his shoulders and the feeling of sun beating down on her skin.