Some communication would be nice

It had never been more evident in her life that someone had been ignoring her. Remus had went as far as to change all his prefect shifts with someone else, sticking her with Amos Diggory again. Whenever she tried to sit next to him in class he would look ahead the whole time as if she didn't exist.

All their friends were thoroughly confused. Watching them go from attached to the hip to not even looking at eachother in one singular night. Neither of them would say what happened, merely brushing it off whenever someone brought it up.

By the time a week had past of this, Aveline simply stopped even trying her few attempts to talk to him. The girl trying to repair the horrible aching feeling in her chest.

She still didn't understand Remus and his behaviour. It made her feel almost delusional, as if she had been making up all the times she was sure he had been flirting or hinting at her. Though by the way he wouldn't even look at her, she was certain he saw her as nothing more then a friend. Clearly embarrassed by his actions, she figured.

It was a Saturday night, the Gryffindor's getting ready to throw the first party of the year. Aveline in her the Gryffindor girls dorm room chugging muggle tequila like it was water.

"Are you ever going to tell us what happened with you and Lupin?" Marlene finally asked, snatching the bottle out of the already drunk girls hands.

"Who's that?" Aveline snapped back, taking the bottle back with a singular swipe. Marlene watched as Aveline took a large jug, setting it down on the desk with shaky hands.

Marlene rolled her eyes, moving to the mirror to put in a coat of mascara.

"You need to stop spending so much time with Sirius," Lily chided shaking her head. "His horrible coping mechanisms and sarcasm are rubbing off on you."

If one more person told her to stop spending so much time with Sirius, she was going to punch them in the face. Maybe she was a bit more brash since coming back from the summer. Possibly a bit more mouthy and a little less smiley. Though it wasn't bevause she was trying to be someone she was not. It was that she was tired of being happy-smiley Aveline 24/7.

"Sirius has brilliant coping mechanisms," she muttered with a slight slur, standing to her feet and downing the rest of the bottle.

Lily sighed, walking over to the girl and grabbing her face in her hands.

"We know that you reallly care about Remus—"

"I do not. He's a pain in my arse."

"— but nothing good is going to come from not talking to him about it. Clearly you guys are in some sort of fight—"

"He's has a stick launched up his ass hole—"

"— and your not going to solve it unless you actually talk."

Aveline scrunched her nose. Flopping back on Marlene's bed rather aggressively.

"You want my advice?" Marlene said, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "If you really want to get over him, just find another guy to shag—"

"'Marlene!" Lily cut her off with wide eyes.

Marlene shrugged as if the whole idea of it wasn't that big of a deal. Though this was Marlene, with her beautiful long legs and dazzling smile that made people swoon. She was the one that the other girls came to with questions about boys. About what exactly went down in locked broom closest and empty dorm rooms. It might have been easy for her to do such things, but Aveline wasn't so sure she had that in her.

Eventually it was time to head down as the music began thumping under their floor. This party was to perhaps be the most iconic one ever thrown by the Seventh year Gryffindor's as a way to kick of their last ever year.

It was rowdy as usual. Crowd of the older students piling in immediately, half of them already tipsy. Bottles of muggles drinks set on surfaces, tables already rolling with drinking games.

Aveline made her way over to one of the couches with Marlene, Mary and Lily. Squeezing in bascially on top of Marlene as they crowded on. Already drinking bottles of rather disgusting muggle beer as they chatted.

Eventually the girls faded off into different directions. Marlene in the corner with Dorcas, Mary running off to find Peter. Everyone breaking off into little groups.

And somehow, amongst all the chaos Aveline found herself chatting with people she usually didn't. A couple of her fellow hufflepuffs she never had spoke much too, a couple 6th year Gryffindors she didn't know, and a very nice Ravenclaw boy she recognized as a seventh year prefect.

His name was Ryan, he approached her with a bottle in his hand a dorky friendly wave.

"Hey! Aveline right!" he asked with a grin.

She nodded sending him a smile back. "That would be. I'm sorry, I don't know your name."

"I don't expect you too," he chuckled, holding out his hand for her to shake. "The names Ryan. Your the one who's always causing all the trouble in prefect meetings right?"

When she gasped in defensive with a grin he let out a laugh. He was tall, had to at least be 6 feet with dirty blonde hair. Already growing a somewhat beard even though he was only 17.

"Can hardly say that's trouble," she answered sheepishly.

"Oh yeah?" he continued, looking down at her with a smirk. "I guess your just trouble then aren't you?"

She shrugged her shoulders putting an innocent look on her face.

"Me trouble?" she gasped, pretending to claps her chest. "Never."

"Well I suppose it's your lucky night," he whispered, and then leaned in and whispered something in her ear that made her blush and giggle.

He wrapped a hand around her waist so he could pull her closer, and Aveline found herself not minding at all. He was handsome, smelt like a nice cologne with a pretty smile. And muscles from quidditch that could've made anyone swoon.

From across the room Remus Lupin was leaning against the wall in his usual I'm-to-cool-to-give-a-fuck-manner. A beer bottle in his hand, his hair it's usually effortless messy. Well not one but three, ravenclaws girls crowded around him, attempting to flirt with him.

He wasn't even listening or looking at any of them for that matter. His eyes glued across the room on a small blonde girl. Who had the arm of some annoying Quidditch brute wrapped around her waist. He watched as she laughed at something he said, feeling his body fill with rage.