Mr Casanova

Dear Father and Mother,

I am writing to inform you that I will be calling off my engagement to Theodore Nott.

If you wish to change my mind, please stop as I will most certainly not.

If you have any concerns over this, please feel free not to contact me.

Sincerely,

Your Daughter Aveline

Licking the envelope she sighed, tying it a owl and watching it fly through the morning skies.

It was february— almost Valentine's day— and slowly the harshness of winter was seeming to fade, all the horror it brought with it melting away. The sun was poking through the clouds ever so often and now, the snow beginning to melt to reveal the ground desperate to wake up from its winter slumbers.

Aveline always adored the morning. It was as if during the morning she was in her own little world of peace. She could stare at the beautiful sunset with no one to interrupt her, and question the meaning of life with no one around to judge her.

The morning was peace, the morning was calmness,
the morning was by far her favourite time of day.

"Oh sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be in here," a boys voice said.

She turned around to see a ravenclaw boy standing there. She wasn't exactly sure his name but she was certain he was in her charms class. He was tall, dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, and sent her a charming smile.

"Don't worry your all good, I was actually just on my way back," she told the boy kindly, sending him a smile back.

She didn't catch how his eyes trailed after her, the boy doing a double take as she walked away. Happily though Aveline began descending the stairs, humming to herself softly at the sound of the birds finally waking up.

"Hey wait up!" the boy called, and she paused as he came rushing down the stairs towards her. He sent her another small smile, taking a bit of a shaky breath. "You're Aveline Rosier right?

"Yep that would be me," she responded kindly as she usually did. "I apologize, I don't think I know your name."

"Don't apologize, everyone knows who you are Aveline," he responded, a smile stilll on his face as he continued to stare at her. "This uh- might be a little straight forward but I was wondering if you'd like—"

They both paused, as the sounds of footsteps approaching made them look up.

Just Aveline's luck, there was Remus Lupin, a letter to send in his hand. The boys eyes flashed between Aveline and the boy, widening as he realized their closed proximity

"Sorry for interrupting," Remus stated in a rather odd tone, before continue his way up the stairs.

Though he didn't actually continue , for about three stairs up he decided it was the perfect time to tie his shoe. So he stopped, six feet away from Aveline and this strange boy, tying his shoe very very slowly.

"Er right okay— so um you might not know who I am like I-I don't expect y-you of all people too, I am um- I am um.." the boy was a stuttering mess, unable to take his eyes off her enchanting blue ones. "Sorry," he sighed sheepishly. "I'm just not used to talking to pretty girls."

From where he was "tying his shoe" Remus let out a scoff.

"Thats very nice of you to say, now what is you'd like to tell me?" she said empathically, still smiling kindly at him.