The Wolf and The Rabbit

The Halloween party of the century— nicknamed Potter's Halloween Bash— was to take place in the room of requirement. Mostly because there was a whole lot lower chance of getting in trouble, but also because the room of requirement always looked amazing during halloween.

Cobwebs and blood dripping off the black painted walls, low leather sofas hiding around the place. As if they were in some sort of Vampire speak easy.

The Gryffindor girls and Aveline had arrived fashionably late, mostly so the party was already starting before they got there. And it was indeed, with students in costumes everywhere sipping on drinks and already having good times.

Aveline was looking around, trying to spot James when someone tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned around, a shriek leaving her mouth as some bloody freak with skin that looked like it was decaying smiled at her. It wasn't until the freak started laughing that she realized it was James, in which she immediately punched him in the arm.

"What the hell? Nearly gave me a heart attack!"

James, who didn't at all look like James, giggled. He was wearing a suit, drenched in blood, looking as if he had gotten killed and his skin was already beginning to mold.

"What even are you supposed to be?" Aveline asked him. She was well aware that Lily hadn't left her side, and was staring at James even though she was trying to make it look like she wasn't.

"I'm a dead prom king!"

"Really?" Marlene asked, already chugging a cup of something. "I just figured you were a dead groom. You know to match Lily."

It was then that James and Lily turned to face eachother. It was very true, their costumes looked like they had planned them together. The same type of bloody, gory, dead look to them. Even though James was supposed to be a prom king, he didn't have a crown on or anything— just merely a suit that could've easily been mistaken as that of a groom.

"Are you kidding me Potter? You copied my costume!" Lily accused.

James gasped, clutching his bloody chest. "I did not! You copied me!"

Aveline watched, her head next to Marlene's, as the two blonde girls watched the bickering lover birds wander off.  It was then that Marlene made eye contact with a rather pretty girl who sent her a wink.
Handing her cup to Aveline, she began running her hands through her hair to make sure it was in the right spot.

"Does my breath smell okay?" Marlene asked, before breaking directly into Aveline's mouth.

"Um yes?"

"Alright good. I hate to ditch you, but I hate to miss out on that beautiful woman even more."

And with that, Marlene was off to find the girl, leaving Aveline alone. The party was much larger then the Gryffindor ones, so it took her some time to make her way through the people. Many of which were people she knew, who tried to get her to stop and dance. Though Aveline declined, she only had one person in mind she wanted to find.

She spotted him, leaning against a wall as per usual, talking to seventh year Gryffindor— Frank Longbottom. At first Aveline thought Remus wasn't dressed up, the wearing a pair of grey dress pants and a grey t shirt, though as she got close she noticed something sitting on his head.

Aveline nearly bursted out laughing when she realized what it was, biting her tongue as she approached the two boys.

As soon as Remus looked up, and saw Aveline walking towards him, he nearly fainted. Never in his life had he seen a woman look so ethereal. With the lights shining behind her, the adorable makeup sprinkling his nose, he was accidentally completely ignoring everything Frank was saying.