And so the story really begins

Approximately 8 Months Later:

July 31st 1980:

It takes a village, as they say, and luckily for James and Lily Potter a Village they had indeed.

Sirius Black, Aveline Rosier, Remus Lupin, Marlene Mckinnon and Mary Mcdonald were currently running around the house in Godric Hollows like maniacs.

You see, it was currently the middle of the night and James and Lily Potter were currently at the hospital— awaiting Baby Potter.

In a panic, James had called his friends and told them they needed to bring the baby bag to the hospital as he had forgotten.

That's how the group of friends ended up running around, throwing anything in the bag they thought Lily or the baby would need.

"What about this?" Sirius screamed, holding up a large bottle of vodka in the kitchen.

"You can't be serious," Marlene yelled back, staring at Sirius in disbelief. "Why would the baby need Vodka?"

"It's not for the baby," Sirius answered back, putting the bottle of vodka in the bag. "This is for me. I'm a nervous wreck, I'm about to be an Uncle!"

Nonetheless, a little while later the group of friends ended up shoulder to shoulder in the hospital waiting room.

Truthfully, none of the friends realized how long labour took.

After nearly an hour of sitting patiently they began to become restless— especially Sirius who couldn't sit still even if a gun was too his head .

Excitement did come however, with Frank and Alice came rushing in, the man holding the woman upright who was screaming in pain.

"Frank?" Remus greeted, the group standing up to see if everything was okay.

"Someone get me a chair -AAAAA," Alice screamed hunching over . 

Marlene instantly ran off to find a healer.

"Her water broke," Frank exclaimed a worried look on his face.  "What are you lot doing here?"

"Lily's in labour," Sirius answered, and Franks eyes widened.

"The babies will have the same birthday."

It didn't take long for a healer to whisk Alice and Frank away, leaving the rest in the waiting room.

Sirius had taken to playing toys with a little boy in the waiting room, and was currently bickering with him over what muggle rocket ships did.

A little while later the door burst open to reveal James Potter standing with his face pale.

For a moment Aveline was worried, as they all rushed towards James whose face stood unreadable.

Suddenly though, James broke out into a wide grin.

"He's here. His name is Harry."

"He's hairy?" Sirius asked, having misheard what James was saying. "I thought babies didn't have hair."

"No you idiot," Marlene answered, smacking Sirius in the arm. "His name is Harry."

"You can't be serious?" Sirius asked James.

"No," James deadpanned. "But you are. Now, who wants to meet my son...."