James Potter Is WHAT?

Summer— the only time of year where it is acceptable for boys to walk around shirtless and sweaty the majority of the time. Which was a concept James Potter and Sirius Black were taking advantage of.

Both boys probably hadn't put on real clothes for the better part of the month, as the bliss August sun kissed their skin and made it dance with freckles and a soft glow. The majority of the time they spent was outside, doing everything they possibly could to make the most out of their last summer of being carefree idiots before they graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy.

"You think I got a shot with Lily this year?" James asked Aveline, the boy dripping with sweat.

The three of them— James, Aveline, and Sirius— were on their brooms. Casually tossing around a quaffle like muggles do footballs, as they chatted. Aveline had her wild curls tied up at the top of her head, the girl wearing nothing more then a tiny tank top and shorts herself

"Hm," Aveline thought, as she tossed the ball to Sirius. "I think you do honestly. She really seems to be taking a liking to you."

She bit down the fact that her and Remus most definitely heard Lily bascially confessing her love for him last year. If Lily wanted to James to know that she'd tell him on her own terms. And by the amount of letters James was receiving this summer by the girl, it seemed the chances of that happening were very likely.

"What about you Av?" Sirius asked, throwing it at James. "Is this the year you and moony finally stop pretending you don't want to jump eachothers bones?"

Aveline rolled her eyes, and if her face wasn't already red from the sun her cheeks would've appeared blushed. Truthfully Aveline had never been more confused on where she stood with Remus in her life. She thought they were genuinely heading in that sort of direction, though nothing had progressed or changed. Certainly they spent a lot of time together, cuddling and holding eachother in ways friends certainly didn't, but that's it.

"Remus is a friend," she responded shortly, receiving the quaffle from James.

"Maybe a friend who you fu-"

"JAMES, SIRIUS, AVELINE— LETTERS ARE HERE!" Euphemia called from down below, waving three envelopes in her hand.

Happy that conversation got cut short, Aveline stuck her tongue out at Sirius before diving down to the ground rather quickly. Out of the three of them she had always been the best at extreme dives, and grinned when she saw them pull out before her in the corner of her eye.

"Merlin Aveline your going to break your neck one day!" Euphemia tutted shaking her head.

She merely giggled, dropping her broom down next to the boys as they headed in the house, making their way to the kitchen table. No matter how many times they opened letters, it always was equally as exciting.

The three of them ripping open their letters as if they were 11 year old first years, and not 17 year old seventh years.

"Merlin again," Sirius complained as he looked at the dreadfully boring author they were always assigned for Defence against the dark arts. "No use in even buying us that one Mia. We won't be reading it, will we James?" Sirius nudged.

Though for once in his life James was silent. His eyes wide as he stared at his letter as if something was wrong with it.