Memories and Woes

Despite finding out the most devastating  news of possibly her whole life and being powerless to stop it, Aveline tried her best to act normal around her friends. Her issues were her issues, not theirs. She didnt want to add more stress to their already stressful lives.

So, she went on business as usual. Captaining her quidditch practices, finishing all her homework on time, sitting in the Gryffindor common room at night, attending all her prefect rounds— everything she could do to show that she was perfectly normal and fine.

Though between us, she really really wasn't.

Aveline spent most of her free time in the library, reading book after book to try and find out of their was anything in the world at all that could help her mother. She was desperate, so much so that it hadn't been an uncommon occurrence in the past couple weeks for one of her friends to find her asleep on the library in the morning.

The first time it had been Lily, and Aveline managed to lie and saw she was up late studying. No one really questioned it, for though not the most studious, when Aveline' was interested in something she'd go crazy learning all she could.

Now, many of you are probably rightfully wondering, why can't she just go to the authorities and alert them that her Father was about to kill her Mother?

The answer to that can be found in the many memories that had been haunting Aveline in the weeks since she received her letter.

Rosier Mansion Sometime Around 1962:

A woman with golden blonde hair and a dress that kissed the top of her ankles, was making her way through a beautiful meadow of roses. Roses of every color— pink, green, blue, yellow, red— anything you can imagine, surronding her in a sprawled out pattern. As far as you could look you could see roses, and amongst them sometimes danced little bunnies, poking out their ears to say hello.

She was a very beautiful woman indeed, a glow to her skin as she held two little hands in each of hers— the hands of her two darling children, the shining stars of her life.

"Come here my loves," the woman said gracefully, finding a spot in the garden and sitting down.

As she did both of the little children scurried into her lap, both looking up at the woman adoringly.

Eleanor Rosier never felt like she had accomplished much in life, that was until she had them— her shining little twins the pride and joy of her life.

"Mum, Ave pick flower?" the little girl asked, who had ever so rosy cheeks and a head full of wild blonde curls already.

The woman smiled softy, reaching out and touching the tip of her daughters nose.

"Remember my love, every life is a life worthy of living, even our little flower friends. You can look, but we best not touch," the woman told her daughter.

The little girl nodded, seemingly determined to make friends with the flowers. The little boy however, did not. Reaching a fist out and ripping out at least a dozen flowers from the ground.

The woman merely laughed, taking the flowers from her sons hand and tucking on in the little girls hair.
_____
Rosier Mansion 1964:

"But Father I don't understand why Mum can't come out to play with us?" The little girl asked the stern looking man.

At four years old she was already speaking like a ten year old, trained to perfection in etiquette and manners. The girls father, a stern looking man with an already greying beard was sitting at his study.