Midnight Chaos

During this time of night, the Ministry was deserted. Office workers having gone home for the weekend hours ago, even custodial staff finished with there daily duties. 

The auror department however?

The auror department was alwasy buzzing. There was never not people in desks, and aurors rushing around in deep conversations and hushed whispers. 

Over the past month Aveline had grown to adore the chaos. She had learned the art of how to throw herself out of the way when someone important was storming through the office, as well as the subtle dance of dodging angry aurors. 

Four auror's stepping into the office with a prisoner of war was not something out of the ordinary. It was not even a daily occurence, it was an hourly occurence. 

But for young aurors in training stepping into the office with a prisoner of war that was polyjuiced up to look like on of the best up and coming aurors in the industry? That was not something that happened. Like ever. 

So despite all the chaos the office usually produced, as the group stepped into the office conversations went silent and all eyes were drawn to the site of Sirius Black and James Potter holding a beaten up Fabian Prewett between them.

"What in Merlin is happening?" An angry voice grunted, and Aveline turned to see the head of the auror department, Rufus Scrimgeor, walking towards them. 

Truthfully, the mans usually seemed angry even when he was happy so Aveline did not think much of it. 

"Sir, despite what this might look like, this is Fabian. We were at the pub you see and the Prewett twins came up to us, and wanted to talk to Aveline but it was not the Prewett twins and long story short one of them got away but we caught this one," James rambled, motioning to the tied up body betweeen them. 

"You expect me to believe someone managed to polyjuice two of my best aurors, and decided to come talk to you?" the man asked, and the tightness in his lips it was clear he was not exactly believing James story. 

"Yes," Sirius deadpanned. "Because thats what happened." 

Rufus looked like was on the verge of exploding, his eyes flickering back and fourth between Sirius and James in so much fury Aveline was actually worried he was non-verbally cursing them. 

"Sir,"James cut himself in, taking a step forward. "If I may, we tried to question one of them and he apparated away before we could— 

The man let out a sharp laugh, cutting James off with an amused expression. 

"Kids," he said slowly. "Kids, let me remind you where your place is in this organization. What are you Potter? Are you Aurors?" 

"No sir but— "

"But what Potter? Huh?" Rufus contunied. "There is absolutely no way in merlin that the dark lord is spending his time and resources sending out death eaters to talk to aurors in training. Do we understanding this? Who is your supervisor? Take Mr. Prewett to the nursing wing then focus on your training and leave the big stuff to the rest of us—" 

Without warning Aveline stepped forward, confidently postioning herself infront of Rufus with a daring look in her eye.  He was right, they might be mere aurors in training, but all four of them had been through enough they knew the work of the dark lord when they saw it. 

"Alastor," she answered with an irritated town. "Alastor is our supervisor, and you are not going to take us seriously Mr Scrimgeor I suggest you find me someone who will. Or is doing anything that is not sitting behind an office desk and letting kids die to much work for you?"