Blushing Cheeks and Secrets

Things had been a little too good lately for Aveline's comfort.  So naturally, a large black owl carrying a dark grey envelope had to be the thing to break her little bubble of peace.

She was sitting at the Hufflepuff breakfast table with Dorcas, catching up on all they she had missed about her friends life. Apparently, Dorcas was in a secret relationship, but wouldn't tell Aveline who no matter how much she begged.

The letter dropped infront of her, and she opened it casually well Dorcas kept chatting happily.

Aveline really wished she hadn't opened the envelope, for it wasn't actually a letter at all.

It was a picture actually.

A picture of Hope and Lyall Lupin taken from outside one of there windows, eating dinner at the table. In the bottom, in scrawl she knew to her father was exactly three words:

Your move Aveline

"Whatcha looking at?" Dorcas asked casually, leaning over to try to get a look.

Aveline had never moved faster in her life, physically throwing herself off of the bench and hitting the floor with a thud. The picture was pressed tightly against her chest as she groaned from the impact.

"Merlin, if you didn't want to show me you coulda just said that!" Dorcas stated, looking down at Aveline on the floor, very confused.

"It's just ah uh personal photo," Aveline rambled, hauling herself up from the floor.

Dorcas eyes widened, a red blush rolling over her dark cheeks.

"You mean like a dirty one?" Dorcas whispered, looking completely amazed by Aveline.

"Uh yeah totally, anyways I just gottaaaaa go! Can't be late for class!" She rambled again, before practically sprinting out of the great hall.

As she was booking it out the doors she ran into James. She would've fallen over again, if he hadn't caught her, the boy looking at her as if she was a insane.

"Why is everyone being so weird today?" James sighed, looking at her and shaking his head. "I wake up to Sirius moaning in his sleep, and Remus walking around naked— and now your acting like you're on drugs or something," James laughed. "Hey, what' that photo?"

He went to reach for it, and Aveline jumped back so quickly, James held his hands up as if he meant do harm. Her eyes were wide and beady.

"You can't look!"

"Why?" he asked, his arms cross with a look of suspicion on his face.

"Becauseeee," she began but nothing was coming to her mind, "it's a—" James clearly though she had nothing, and he was tapping his foot impatiently. "Fine! It's a naked photo!" She blurted out.

The look on James face was priceless. His jaw dropped as for once in his life he truly did not know what to say. He was so flustered his face was turning red, as he stared at the photo in her hand.

"Merlin! Ew! Why did everyone wake up and decide to be a freak this morning!" James hissed,  with a traumatized look on his face. "Whatever weird shit your into Aveline, it's fine— but I don't want to hear about it! "

"Oh but I do!" Sirius called, who had suddenly appeared skipping down the hallway.

Aveline clasped a hand over her forehead, praying she would  get out of this hallway before she had to tell the whole school she had a naked photo. Which was very much a lie, but that was much easier to explain then blackmail material so she had to marry Theodore Nott.

"So what weird shit are you into Aveline?" Sirius asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Who's into weird shit?" Peter piper in, who also appeared out of no where. He was looking around confused, from James to Aveline.

"Aveline, she's partaking in naked photography," James exclaimed.

"WHAT?" Peter exclaimed.

"Can I SEE?" Sirius asked with a thrilled look on his face.

"See what?"

And the final voice that Aveline' was so dreading being apart of this conversation piped in. As Remus Lupin strolled down the hallway, messily fussing with the tie around his neck, his face still looking exhausted.

"No one is seeing anything—" Aveline tried to answer.

"Oy the nude photos Aveline has in her hand," Sirius piped in.

The exhausted look on Remus's face instantly washed away as his eyebrows went to his forehead. He rubbed a hand down his face, looking slightly horrified and as if he just wanted to go back to sleep.

"I wasn't expecting that," he mumbled.

"If it's of you, I'd like to see the photo. If it's of some other girl or some man, I don't care— don't show me," Sirius explained as if it was obvious.

In response to this he received a slap on the back of the head from Remus, who paused his struggle with his tie  to deliver it.

"Aveline you shouldn't be partaking in naked photographs," James lectured. "Your a beautiful girl with a beautiful body— OW!"

He also got a slap delivered by Remus, who seemed much too tired and exhausting to be dealing with this. He reached forward, grabbing a handful of Sirius's hair in one hand, and James's in the other.

"How about we just go enjoy breakfast yeah?" Remus said, practically dragging the boys into the great hall.
__________________

Aveline was the last place she ever wanted to be— pacing outside the Slytherin common room waiting for the little first year she bribed to go get brother. She knew very well, that whatever her father was doing, Evan knew.

The boy swung the door open with a very dramatic flare and a pissed off expression.

"What could you possibly want?" he hissed immediately.

"For you tell me why father is taking pictures of my friends parents to threaten me," she seethed, holding up the photo.

In response Evan only chuckled, snatching the photo away from her and staring at in amusement. He handed it back after a moment, not that interested in the Lupins.

"It's to make sure you don't call the wedding off, are you that stupid you don't recognize black mail when you see it?" Evan asked, shaking his head.

"Don't be a dick. I just want to know if he's said anything to you."

Evan made a big dramatic scene of pretending to think. Placing a hand on his chin, before moving to scratch his head.

"Yeah I believe he did."

"And what did he say?" she asked, getting annoyed with having to deal with him.

"Pfft let me see if I can remember," he sighed, staring up at the ceiling as if trying to pick his memory. "Oh yeah that's right! He said tell your blood traitor sister she marries Nott or I skin her boyfriends parents alive. Sorry I forgot to relay the message, been a little busy."

"Your a dick," she deadpanned.

In response Evan dramatically swung the Slytherin common room door open, stepping in and making sure he slammed it in her face.

Oh how she loved having a sociopathic twin brother.